Connecting a Stenner

Drill a 7/16" hole in the return line after the heater and tap it with a 1/4-18 NPT tap. Wrap the injector threads with 3-4 turns of teflon tape and screw it in. Thats all you need to do and it will work fine. Some people drill the hole into an elbow because there is more meat there, but either right into the pipe or an elbow is fine.

Drill a 7/16" hole in the return line after the heater and tap it with a 1/4-18 NPT tap. Wrap the injector threads with 3-4 turns of teflon tape and screw it in. Thats all you need to do and it will work fine. Some people drill the hole into an elbow because there is more meat there, but either right into the pipe or an elbow is fine.
That's how I did it. Very easy to do. If your hesitant to drill pvc pipe practice on a spare piece. I think the drill and tap are under $10 at Lowes.

I went to Lowes and purchased a 2 inch slip T connection with a threaded 1/2 inch. I also purchased a 1/2 inch plug. The stenner is then screwed into the 1/2 inch thread and when not in use or want to repair the Stenner I can remove the injection point and use the plug and continue to run the pool.

PVC.jpg

I went to Lowes and purchased a 2 inch slip T connection with a threaded 1/2 inch. I also purchased a 1/2 inch plug. The stenner is then screwed into the 1/2 inch thread and when not in use or want to repair the Stenner I can remove the injection point and use the plug and continue to run the pool.

View attachment 46089

thanks. I couldn't find a piece like that at my local big box store, but found one online and it was delivered for ~$6. The ball valve is a good idea, but would that put the delivery point too far out of the stream?

I would not think so, you can get some pretty small PVC/plastic style ball valves. Just need to be sure it's something that can handle chemical. I was just thinking it would be handy if you ever need to disconnect, simply close the valve and not shut anything down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I would not think so, you can get some pretty small PVC/plastic style ball valves. Just need to be sure it's something that can handle chemical. I was just thinking it would be handy if you ever need to disconnect, simply close the valve and not shut anything down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
any PVC ball valve from the big box stores should work.

Like you say, I have one and it works well when you want to pull things apart for any reason.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.