Mar 28, 2011
Space Coast, Florida
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-45 Plus
Does anyone have any information on this new SWG? I am going to be in the market for one soon, I was looking at the Jandy AquaPure. I liked the simplicity of it, but don't like that you can't set it below 20% (aside from off).
I haven't been able to find much information on the TruClear, or how it differs from the AquaPure.

If you feel strongly that neither of these are the best systems in that price range (around $700 give or take) please let me know.

ping, thank you for the response. Would you mind saying a few words on why that model is your pick over others in the price range?

My price range isn't a rock wall. I'm pretty technology driven, if there are worthwhile improvements. When I looked at all the systems available a few years ago it seemed as though the only real feature you could gain was automatic temperature compensation, but that was about double the price.

Maybe I'll rephrase with a more specific question. I know that the Hayward's have always had a good reputation. I haven't heard much about Circupool, however, they have a 7 year warranty vs Hayward's 3 year. That seems.....significant.

I've seen way too many issues with the CircuPool line up, and too many design changes from them to recommend them. The 7 year warranty is not what it seems as it is heavily prorated and you can find replacement cells on sale for just as less as any warranty would cover.

The only real issue with the Hayward's is the limiter and that has been fixed in the latest model. It is an easy $10 fix for most people if it ever occurs out of warranty.

The Jandy Aquapure had issues with the flow sensor and has since been fixed with a new sensor. I switch from the Aquapure to the AquaRite right about the time the new sensor was released for the Aquapure. If you ever want to add automation then the Aquapure would be the way to go since you already have Jandy equipment.

Another thing to keep in mind is the AquaRite needs 1/2 the flow to work compared to the Aquapure which might be a problem if you run your pump at low speeds. The new TruClear should fix that issue, but I have no idea when it will be released. I think I have seen it on their website for around 6 months already and I can't find it in any store.

Ping,

Thank you for the additional information. Which Aquapure did you have? I was looking at the EI.

I do run my pump at low speed all of the time (1725 rpm, I think), thank you for pointing that out. I may get a VS in the future and run at an even lower speed. If I did get a VS pump it would probably be a Hayward. The most likely addition (soon) will be rooftop solar heat.

Do you know if the AquaRite has periodic cell polarity reversal cleaning? I skimmed through the online manual but didn't see this mentioned.

I had the PLC1400 and had a three year warranty which was used several times for flow switches and a new cell at 2 years and 10 months. They backed their product up but I decided to make the switch when the second cell failed and wasn't covered under warranty. I had a lot of flow issues and with solar and a two-speed pump I had to run on high speed for too much of the day which was costing me quite a lot in electrical fees. With the AquaRite I can run 90% of the time on low-speed which saves me significant money since I hit the top tier each month.

The EI is a cheaper model from Jandy and I would stay away from that model. Since Jandy fixed the sensor issue, the only problem that I would have with Jandy would be with the flow requirement.

AquaRite does have reversing polarity along with most all SWG's to help keep them clean.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I visited Pinch a Penny today and they have a whole bunch of them (Miramar, FL). According to the attendant they are going to be on sale next weekend at around $700. He recommended it over the Hayward due to cost of both the unit and the replacement cell. Also it seems like the maintenace would be easier.

I see nothing exciting about this, it does less chlorine per hour than the normal aquapure 1400. You can get an aquarite installed in florida for 900 bucks for the T15. Solid reliable and not locked into jandy proprietary parts.

Is the unit in Hayward Aquarite aqr9 always on or does it power on when the pump starts working ?
It depends on how you wire it up. The recommended way is to wire so that it only turns on when the pump turns on. I have a mechanical timer that turns the pump and SWG on at the same time.

There are other active threads where the SWG is not wired this way and they are having issues with it being on while the pump is off. In this situation, gas can build up in the cell and cause an explosion.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.