First opening after findin TFP

Yes definitely I will clean out that light niche when I can get in the water as it's very hard to see the from the deck. I have attached a couple pictures of something that's on the bottom of the pool that I don't know what it is. If I brush it it will just form a cloud and disappear.

Image1460038784.882163.jpgImage1460038799.693570.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes definitely I will clean out that light niche when I can get in the water as it's very hard to see the from the deck. I have attached a couple pictures of something that's on the bottom of the pool that I don't know what it is. If I brush it it will just form a cloud and disappear.View attachment 46329View attachment 46330View attachment 46330

It can be fine dust or it could be algae. Algae looks and behaves like the dust bunnies you find under the bed. touch it with a brush and *poof* disappears. Do you have a manual vacuum? Use that to sneak up on the stuff. Let the suction pull it into the vacuum ahead of itself.

I am into 14 days in the slam with 3 days to get rid of ammonia which makes a total of 17 days. My water has been Crystal clear for a week. I usually add bleach once a day (FC droping 3-4 ppm) but my CC runs 1.0 to 1.5. I know that I need to keep the slam going until .5 on CC but I wondering since I can't measure PH is there any concern that it would be high or low?

With your initial TA being high, your pH has likely risen during the SLAM procedure but at this point, don't be concerned about your pH. You lowered it to 7.2 before starting your SLAM so that should have given you some time before the pH rises too much to complete the SLAM. I wouldn't intentionally lower your FC to check the pH, but if it happens to dip below 10, then you can check the pH. Otherwise it's more important to maintain that shock FC level to see the SLAM through to the finish. Brush often and check those nooks and crannies such as lights and ladders for lurking algae.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I cleaned it a week ago but the brush I was using wasn't that good to get in the back. It had a bunch of stuff in it a week ago when I cleaned it. I got a little more out today with my new brush.

Were you able to do it from the pool itself? Probably still too cold. I SO hope this helps end the OCLT issue. I have to do my lights twice a year. I even leave the screw untightened (pretty big gap) after I clean them for a week or two so that FC gets in there, but I still have light/algae issues. Anyway, remember to check them periodically just in case your lights are algae breeding grounds like mine are.

Well after taking my light out for the third time but soaking it in a chlorine solution I have no CC and pool is Crystal clear. Yesterday I removed the eye balls and cleaned them in a Chlorine solution along with the rope and floats on it. Well see how the FC does over night. The weather turning cold slowed me down getting in the water. Thanks for everyone's help in me getting to this point with our pool.

The slam is over. I had 1 ppm drop in FC and no CC. I am letting FC to drop now as to check PH and go from there. This will be my forth season with this pool and i have never ever seen it this clean and sparkly. No more pool store madness for me.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.