forgot to test ph before starting slam???

If you're well underway with the SLAM, just keep going.

If at any time you test FC and it's below 10, you can check pH then and get an accurate reading and deal with it then. But don't slow down just to test pH. You can fix it after the water is clear. The other tests will still be valid, but the TA test might shift from green>pink to blue> yellow.

ok I admit I didn't do any testing after I tested the FC and it was 1 and I saw some algae I started pouring jugs of bleach in....just tested and I stopped at 30 drops (FC 15) and it was still bright red. Are the other tests like CYA valid with FC so high? Do I need to do all the tests now and SLAM or let FC go below 10 and then test everything and start the SLAM? thanks Richard!

ok I admit I didn't do any testing after I tested the FC and it was 1 and I saw some algae I started pouring jugs of bleach in....just tested and I stopped at 30 drops (FC 15) and it was still bright red. Are the other tests like CYA valid with FC so high? Do I need to do all the tests now and SLAM or let FC go below 10 and then test everything and start the SLAM? thanks Richard!
The other tests will still be valid, but the TA test might shift from green>pink to blue> yellow.

I would at least check the CH and CYA. If either are really high, you'll probably want to replace some water, so there's no point in continuing to add bleach to water you're just going to dump anyway. You also need to know your CYA level so you can establish shock level or you're not really doing a SLAM, you're just blindly wasting bleach. The pH test will read artificially high at 10+ FC and you're well above that.

Again: If at any time you test FC and it's below 10, you can check pH then and get an accurate reading and deal with it then. But don't slow down just to test pH. You can fix it after the water is clear.

CH no change after 3rd drop equals 30.

CYA I could still pretty much see that there was a round dot at 20.

What to do now???? add 2 lbs of stabilizer to get to 40ish? thanks!
No. Just keep SLAMming. Use 10 as your target. That is shock level for CYA levels less than 30. Don't forget to brush.

You can raise CYA (And CH if you feel so inclined) later when you fix the rest.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.