Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Okay it Happened, I Spilled Bleach

1. Back To Top    #1

Okay it Happened, I Spilled Bleach

Okay, the subject line says it all, the splash put spots on my pants and maybe affected a flagstone. I ordered a Liquidator. I can buy a paver to put the Liquidator on beside my equipment pad. My point is, adding liquid chlorine directly to the pool is not without its own set of hazards. I knew this would happen. it did take 40 days. I will not make the same mistake again. All in all, I am a believer in TFP, but adding that liquid chlorine at night is a prob. to me.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Okay it Happened, I Spilled Bleach

In the world of desktop programming, from which i come, I would say adding liquid bleach directly is effective, but less than "user friendly"
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

3. Back To Top    #3

I kneel down on a foam gardening pad and pour carefully without splashing in the return water stream, same with acid.

Treat you chemicals with respect.
    SWG: CircuPool (May 2014) SI30+Plus; 3000ppm seems ideal;
    My Ideal Specs:
    FC 5; PH 7.4-7.6; TA 90; CH 350; CYA 75; = SI ~ 0.19
    14,000 gal, in ground, plaster, Cartridge filter, Borates
    TAYLOR K - 2006

4. Back To Top    #4

Ha! My wardrobe is a polka-dot mess.

I DO have dedicated "pool clothes" but I usually decide, "What the heck. It'll be fine...I got this... I won't splash this time...." More polka-dots. I just dislike changing clothes. No; I am lazy.

Get a set of pool clothes and don't be lazy like me!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post

I DO have dedicated "pool clothes" but I usually decide, "What the heck. It'll be fine...I got this... I won't splash this time...." More polka-dots. I just dislike changing clothes. No; I am lazy.

Apparently I am like you

6. Back To Top    #6

I polka dotted a few shirts before I started floating the bottle in the pool and tipping it so that the opening is less than an inch above the water and pouring it. Two advantages here, no splash whatsoever and you don't have to hold the weight of the bottle. Double winner chicken dinner!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

You are right, pooldv. That is the best solution!!!

It's just after all these years, I kinda-wanna be done with the pool at night... and it's getting harder and harder to bend over the pool as I get older... Polka-dotted clothes are the pool owner's badge of honor!

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

hmmmm, I know some people just can not bend over to pour bleach, I have heard a way to pull water out of the pool here and I think it will work great for this..

cut a 4 or 5 foot 2 inch PVC pipe, put 1 end in the pool over/ in front of a return and pour into the PVC pipe...

You could also get one of these and use instead But you would have to pour into it first.. The nice thing would be you could put marks on how much was needed per day and put 2 or 3 gallons in it at a time

Amazon.com: VP 5 Gallon Square White Racing Utility Jug With Deluxe Filler Hose: Automotive
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

9. Back To Top    #9

Apparently, many of us shop for clothing at the same TFP designer wear source. Dot, dot dot dot, etc.......
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

10. Back To Top    #10

Add me to the list of polka dotted clothes.

I just commented to DH that Atwoods changed their bottle this year they also added the dreaded seal to the bottle. Now it splashes and those stupid seals never rip off the way they are supposed to.
    16x32 IG rectangular 21,800k new vinyl liner 2014, Triton II TR 50 sand Filter, Pentair 3/4 hsp whisperflow pump, 3 returns, TF100 test kit w/speedstir. Maytronics s 300i robot.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Chrissykr View Post
    Add me to the list of polka dotted clothes.

I just commented to DH that Atwoods changed their bottle this year they also added the dreaded seal to the bottle. Now it splashes and those stupid seals never rip off the way they are supposed to.
    Yes, very astute. The dreaded seal is what ate my lunch. If it does not come off properly, be afraid. BE VERY AFRAID. Good to know its not just me.

12. Back To Top    #12

Yup. Be careful. A flying splash-drop from those dreaded seals can get you in the eyeball. Been there once and went for a quick, open-eyed swim with my polka-dotted clothes on.

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by MarianParoo View Post

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTX View Post
    Apparently I am like you
    Lol! I can relate.
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Splash View Post
    Apparently, many of us shop for clothing at the same TFP designer wear source. Dot, dot dot dot, etc.......
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

15. Back To Top    #15

Yup, love my polka dot pants!
    It could be much worse... A few weeks ago I had a bottle of acid tip over and leak in the back of the car.
    ~11,200 gallon in-ground, built ??, pebble tec, hayward 1hp single speed pump on timer, hayward 3025 cartridge filter, TF-100 test kit

16. Back To Top    #16

Bummer!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

17. Back To Top    #17

I have ruined many a t's doing the TFP.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter