Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone used this spray? Garlic???

1. Back To Top    #1

Anyone used this spray? Garlic???

I just got this in. It was very pricey but is supposed to be great at repelling mosquitos.

But. It's sealed and in a bag. AND I can smell the garlic!image.jpg
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Anyone used this spray? Garlic???

What are the active ingredients? I can't the image clearly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

image.jpg

http://www.garlicbarrier.com/facts.html

- - - Updated - - -

I didn't take a pic of the back of it but here is the website I ordered it from.

http://www.garlicbarrier.com/facts.html
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

4. Back To Top    #4

Anyone used this spray? Garlic???

You might want to wear a breathing mask when you start spraying that stuff Don't be surprised if a bunch Italians show up asking where the San Gennaro festival is at (hint - I'm 100% Italian so I get to make fun of my people!)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

5. Back To Top    #5

Lol!!!!
    ~Wendy

6. Back To Top    #6

All joking aside, I suppose it will work fine. I use Neem oil on my citrus plants and bacillus thuringiensis (BT) to control swallowtail caterpillars (orange dogs) and other leaf eating pests. The only downside to organic insecticides is that they tend to have low persistence and require lots of reapplication.

Oh, and the neighbor's are just going to looooooove you

Matt

7. Back To Top    #7

I had read that the smell goes away in a few hours but it is incredibly strong! It's hard to think it will go away so quickly. Like, sealed, in a sealed bag, in a huge box & I could tell what it was when it got delivered!

I figured I'll try it. See how it works!
    ~Wendy

8. Back To Top    #8

I definitely will look forward to hearing your report on this one ... I have images of your neighbor's working outside their homes and just dropping like flies while you're spraying the stuff with a vintage WWII gas mask on...it's really quite funny

Good luck and remember, just a few drops in your next batch of meatballs is all you need ... hehehe ....

Matt

9. Back To Top    #9

Well mosquitos are coming soon, I'm ready for them! I'll absolutely report back.
    ~Wendy

10. Back To Top    #10

"The only downside to organic insecticides is that they tend to have low persistence and require lots of reapplication."

S-baby..does it say to use a surfactant or not? Also, does it say it's safe to spray on plants?

I have a 100 acres at a wkend ranch and when applying any type of liquid spray, an agricultural surfactant is great for reducing the waters surface tension, thus helping more of the product to adhere to its substrate. Also, make sure you read the label and identify what plants can take this product, w or w out a surfactant. Sometime foreign substances on waxy-based plants can remove this layer which is a sun/UV protector I can also tell you that mosquitos love to bury themselves deep into the heart of most vegetation to avoid the sun/UV...These areas are critical for your application to get the pests out of your recreational areas.

Finally, one place that most people over look when trying to rid their place of mosquitoes is the drainage system. Go to the most remote drain, and about a gallon or two of liquid soapy water, and a little bleach for good measures...you have to dispense enough that will go thru the entire drain system and be able to the see the suds in the last drain screen before it hits your street or other. Does this make sense. Also, if you have gutters that have leaves and other debris in them, it traps water and provides a perform medium for larvae production...that goes w stagnant body of water that has 70-80% of daily shade.

Pls post how it works, and just like Neem oil, it may take multiple applications before you get the cumulative effect...bon appetite, tstex
    15K gal 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' Spa, tanning shelf, IG, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine Coping/Decking, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, Aqua-Logic PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, Covered SummerKitchen, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill

11. Back To Top    #11

In the Industry

You know this should be it's own thread(Repelling Mosquitoes and Wasps)... one thing about tx is that the mosquitoes come in force.
    40k Gallon Grecian true L Gunite Pool/Spa. Clean clear plus 520 cartridge. IntelliFlow VS-3050. Polaris booster pump w/ Polaris 360 cleaner. Silencer 1 1/2 hp Blower. Aqualink RS8 w/ Iaqualink 2.0 upgrade kit.

12. Back To Top    #12

One other note. A perennial plant called "Society Garlic", emits the smell of garlic and it too helps to repel mosquitos. It also produces really nice lavender blooms that go year rd, less major freezes...here's a pic of them

http://tse1.mm.bing.net/th?id=OIP.M3...0&pid=3.1&rm=2
    15K gal 3.5' to 5.5' depth w/ 9'x9' Spa, tanning shelf, IG, Pebblesheen w/ Travertine Coping/Decking, Hayward 3 HP VSP, Hayward C4030 Cartridge, Hayward 1.5 HP for 2 Scupper columns, Aqua-Logic PS-8 Panel, Hayward 400K BTU Heater, 3 ColorLogic LED, Spa Blower, Covered SummerKitchen, TF-100 w S-Stick, QC Tiger Shark, Autofill

13. Back To Top    #13

can you add it to marinara sauce?
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Jandy Lite2 LJ250N gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.

14. Back To Top    #14

That smell wafting over Tucson is Matt seasoning his burgers with garlic mosquito repellent.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

15. Back To Top    #15

hhhhhhmmmmmmmmm, garlic!!!!!
    Chris B.

New house w/ 28 y/o I.G. 15k gal. pool/spa, Plaster, Hayward DE-480S Micro Clear Filter, Pentair Whisperflo wfe-4, 1HP (Main Pump), Hayward SP2815x20 (Pump for spa jets), Versa Pool Heater, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra, TF-100 Kit

16. Back To Top    #16

OK - the stuff WORKS. We put it out on Sunday and we had a little cold front come through - we thought the mosquitos hadn't returned because of that. Last night I was out delivering cookies to some of my friends in my hood and we were being eaten alive by mosquitos. Came home - went walking through the back yard to test it and not a single mosquito. Seriously it works! Not sure how long it will work before I have to apply it again. But we bought a gallon for like $80. We added 5 ounces to a gallon of water and sprayed - had to refill 2 times. So for 15 ounces we sprayed back yard, side and the front (near the house - but not the entire yard).

I am calling this a WIN!
    ~Wendy

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by Sunbaby View Post
    ... Last night I was out delivering cookies to some of my friends in my hood ....
    Seriously, there's a house for sale in our neighborhood, can you come live here? I totally need a neighbor who delivers cookies!!

Glad to hear it worked. But the real question is this - do you have a strange, nagging desire to make meatballs?
    Matt

18. Back To Top    #18

LOL! My neighbors love me. I love to cook and bake but it is just my husband and I so at least 2X a week I send out a text with a picture of dinner and the first to say they want it gets it delivered. I just hate throwing away food and I also hate pairing down recipes to a 1/2 can or such.

The garlic smell was strong during application but gone after a few hours (mostly) and truly gone the next day.
    ~Wendy

19. Back To Top    #19

That's pretty cool!!!

What time should I be over? LoL I love home made cookies!!!!!!
    Chris B.

New house w/ 28 y/o I.G. 15k gal. pool/spa, Plaster, Hayward DE-480S Micro Clear Filter, Pentair Whisperflo wfe-4, 1HP (Main Pump), Hayward SP2815x20 (Pump for spa jets), Versa Pool Heater, Hayward Pool Vac Ultra, TF-100 Kit

20. Back To Top    #20

Well it is quite a drive for you - so I am sure I can whip something up JUST in time for your arrival!
    ~Wendy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast