new to me pool

Feb 26, 2016
florida
bought a home with a in ground pool, I noticed a vacuum line port in the pool wall so I removed the screw plug but there is no suction. I only have 1 jandy valve and I have set it off in both directions and there is no difference in the suction at the skimmer. Could this vacuum port not be plumbed? I stuck a garden hose in there and it goes back about 5 feet then stops, I don't know if its a bend or what but still no suction. I currently vacuum the pool through the skimmer but would like to put a vacuum in the pool and not obstruct the skimmer basket.

I had one that was under a waterfall, assumed it was a return jet, but no water was every coming out. Eventually found a pipe near the equipment under ground that was capped off. Turns out a previous owner must have had a dedicated waterfall pump. Well, I tied it into my main pump with a valve and now use it as a dedication suction port for my cleaner.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.