Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Which options with the TF-100 should I purchase?

1. Back To Top    #1

Which options with the TF-100 should I purchase?

Should have water in a couple weeks need to order the kit, I see there are several optional tests I can add. Do I need them? If so, which ones.

thanks!
    33x19, 3'4"-5'6", 7ft spa, baja reef, 14'x9', 18" deep, 10,668 Gal. Quartzite coping, Stonescape Tropics Blue mini-pebble, abalone & glass beads. Jandy Equip.(JXi heater, 2.7HPVS pump, PLC1400 SWG, CV580 filter, Aqualink, LEDs)
    TF-100, Doheny Discovery robot.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Which options with the TF-100 should I purchase?

The automatic stirrer - LOVE IT!!!!!!!!
    ~Wendy
    33'X17' Sports Pool (3'6"-5'-4'6") 7' flush Spa, Blue Granite PT, Waterfalls, Weeping Wall, Baja Ledge and Doggie Beach Entry! Pentair Clean and Clear 420, IntelliFlo XF Pump, SuperFlo 1.5 HP Feature Pump, MasterTemp Heater, Pal-Treo LEDs, Dolphin M4, Liquid Chlorine & TF-100 - My Build Thread

3. Back To Top    #3

On a new fill, you likely should not need the XL option. I would highly recommend the SpeedStir. You also may want a salt test (even though you should not add salt for 30 days) ... I prefer the Taylor drop test.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

4. Back To Top    #4

Speed stir is a must.

With my new pool, I have found that I go through my phenol red (pH measurement) and CYA-measurment reagents faster than everything else. This year, I ordered an extra supply of these 2 things.
    23' x 37' IG 18.5k gallon SWG w/ raised spa, Build Thread -->Here
    Wet Edge® Pearl Matrix®, Hayward® SwimClear™ 525 ft², Hayward® Goldline Controls® PS-8
    4x Hayward® TriStar™ pumps, Paramount PCC2000® ICS, TF-100 w/Speedstir

5. Back To Top    #5

SpeedStir makes testing faster, more reliable and FUN!

Drop-based salt test for once you put salt in the pool.

That's all you should need.
    Joel - TFP Moderator - Minnesota - **Become a TFP Supporter!** Helpful Links: ABCs of Pool Water Chemistry - SLAM Procedure - Chlorine/CYA Chart
    40x20 Pool: 32K Gallons * Vinyl * Bleach Chlorination * Hayward S270T Sand Filter * Pentair SuperFlo 1 HP * Teledyne/Laars Heater * AquaVac Tigershark * TF-100 w/ SpeedStir
    Isolated Spa - 345 Gallons

6. Back To Top    #6

Speedstir without a doubt.
    33k Gallon IG Freeform Gunite built in 1989 - Renovated Spring 2012 with Diamondbrite Plaster and elevated spa converted to waterfall
    Jandy Aqualink PDA Automation & Control System - Jandy PlusHP 1.5hp Full rated Pump - Hayward 36in Sand Filter - Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

Like the others said, Speedstir is by far the number one must have option, distantly followed by the sample sizer, it took me 5 years of using the TF-100 before adding the sample sizer and some extra Taylor branded test tubes that you must use with it, but now I am glad I did.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    Like the others said, Speedstir is by far the number one must have option, distantly followed by the sample sizer, it took me 5 years of using the TF-100 before adding the sample sizer and some extra Taylor branded test tubes that you must use with it, but now I am glad I did.
    I've been using a 60mL syringe (no needle of course) to draw water from the pool for my samples. Then I just squirt the required amount into the sample tubes; no mess. It holds just enough to do my three most often done tests, pH, TA, and FAS-DPD Chlorine. They hold up pretty well. I've been using the same one since 2012.
    33k Gallon IG Freeform Gunite built in 1989 - Renovated Spring 2012 with Diamondbrite Plaster and elevated spa converted to waterfall
    Jandy Aqualink PDA Automation & Control System - Jandy PlusHP 1.5hp Full rated Pump - Hayward 36in Sand Filter - Jandy Aquapure 1400 SWCG
    TF100 Test Kit