2016 bleach prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Most of the TFPers here avoid using too much in the way of powders as they add unwanted ingredients to our pools such as CYA or Calcium. When used exclusively the CYA or calcium gets too high and causes problems and the only way to resolve high levels is to drain and replace water. That's not always possible in areas where water is heavily restricted.

Most of the TFPers here avoid using too much in the way of powders as they add unwanted ingredients to our pools such as CYA or Calcium. When used exclusively the CYA or calcium gets too high and causes problems and the only way to resolve high levels is to drain and replace water. That's not always possible in areas where water is heavily restricted.

It rains here all the time and that pretty much fixes it for me. Just drain a little and let the rain fill it up.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Last year I could get 4 bottles of 128oz 10% at Atwoods in Oklahoma for $7.99. That's $2 a gallon of 10%. Today the price was $10 for 4 gallons, which is still good compared to walmart, but I hope they lower the price back to $8 once the season starts.

Quick question about Bleach and entering it into the PoolMath calculator. This Clorox bleach at Walmart contains ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Sodium Hypochlorite: 8.25%, OTHER INGREDIENTS: 91.75%, TOTAL: 100.00%. (Yields 7.85% available chlorine). Contains no phosphorus. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Clorox-Concentrated-Regular-Bleach-121-fl-oz/21618295 I should enter it on the FC line as 8.25 and not 7.85 correct? Is this the right type of Bleach to be buying for the pool? Thanks for the help!

Quick question about Bleach and entering it into the PoolMath calculator. This Clorox bleach at Walmart contains ACTIVE INGREDIENT: Sodium Hypochlorite: 8.25%, OTHER INGREDIENTS: 91.75%, TOTAL: 100.00%. (Yields 7.85% available chlorine). Contains no phosphorus. http://www.walmart.com/ip/Clorox-Concentrated-Regular-Bleach-121-fl-oz/21618295 I should enter it on the FC line as 8.25 and not 7.85 correct? Is this the right type of Bleach to be buying for the pool? Thanks for the help!

That is a very good question, I have never seen the "yields... " on any of the bottles I buy, I have never used clorox, always found a cheaper off brand. I always just put the 8.25% and dreams have always come true.

Last year I could get 4 bottles of 128oz 10% at Atwoods in Oklahoma for $7.99. That's $2 a gallon of 10%. Today the price was $10 for 4 gallons, which is still good compared to walmart, but I hope they lower the price back to $8 once the season starts.

Last week it was $7.99. It will be that price all summer once Memorial day rolls around. The trick at mine is to stock up early because they are out a lot during the summer.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.