2016 bleach prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget to check the Date Code. Would hate to have a good deal turn into a sad story.
For what it's worth, I totally rolled the dice. Bought 8 cases. But since you brought it up, the cardboard boxes read "PRO 06416" and "PRO 07516" while one of the bottles reads "075161216B". That puts it at March 2016!
That's a great price! Thanks for sharing. Welcome to TFP, Goober! Love your handle :jocolor:
Thanks! Glad I could contribute something useful. This forum has been immensely helpful, and I haven't even opened the pool yet.

For what it's worth, I totally rolled the dice. Bought 8 cases. But since you brought it up, the cardboard boxes read "PRO 06416" and "PRO 07516" while one of the bottles reads "075161216B". That puts it at March 2016!

Thanks! Glad I could contribute something useful. This forum has been immensely helpful, and I haven't even opened the pool yet.

How do u read the code?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support

Did you know you could become a supporting member to help us keep the lights on? Here is a link to how to do it:

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

Thanks for the heads up on the bleach prices! You got a great deal! Now keep it in a cool, dark area.

Kim

Seeing a lot of (and buying) the $2.50 10% 128oz in San Antonio at WM. On the sign it says price drop from $3.64. Question how old this stuff is and where its been stored, but its showing up on testing so its a great deal right now.

So if I know the manufacturing date - how do I use this information?
I know that old is bad - but what is OLD?

Well, darn. I don't know how quickly bleach degrades. I know that heat and sun exposure will lessen its strength. So avoid those pallets full of liquid chlorine left outside in the garden center of big box stores.
I'd aim for less than 4-5 months old, and always buy at a store that has steady trade so you know the turnover is frequent.

Well, darn. I don't know how quickly bleach degrades. I know that heat and sun exposure will lessen its strength. So avoid those pallets full of liquid chlorine left outside in the garden center of big box stores.
I'd aim for less than 4-5 months old, and always buy at a store that has steady trade so you know the turnover is frequent.

Just picked up a few bottles at the Magnolia Target for $3.02 for 121 oz.

I read a post earlier about Napco Chemicals in Spring TX. Are they good to get bleach from and do they come in there own containers or do you have to bring your own?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.