Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Finally got one coming

1. Back To Top    #1

Finally got one coming

I ended up going with Dolphin Primal X3 robot cleaner. Got in on Amazon, being shipped from the Backyard Pool superstore out of Florida. I checked and double checked to make sure I get the two year warranty. The Backyard Pool Superstore is an authorized dealer for Dolphin products.
    Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Finally got one coming

Please post your experience. I'm very interested in getting one of those soon, the weekly timer function interests me the most.
    Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

Man, that cleaner looks great, let us know how it works
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

My Dolphin came late yesterday afternoon. Fast shipping from the Pool Superstore. The directions were pretty much non-existent in the box, so I had to come in to use the computer to get the manual for the cleaner. After reading a few things, I put it into actions. I am just blown away at how well this thing did right out of the box. I knew I had a few spots of dirt and debris I could see in the pool, but I knew cleaner was coming, so I didn't bother to vacuum it up. I ran it through one complete cycle (3 hours) and the cleaner did everything it was supposed to do. It never got caught on the main drains, it did climb the walls (it is not supposed to climb the wall every time it meets the wall). It would come up about 18 inches on the wall then go back down. It did climb to the waterline about every 10th time it came in contact with wall. After one use, I am very happy with it, and time will tell how long it will last. I'm going to try to post a pic of the filter after it was done. (Remember my pool looked very very good except for a spot or two)

- - - Updated - - -

Another pic.

Mark
    20'x28' IG, Vinyl, (Sept 2015) 14,900 Gallon, 3'4 to 5'6 deep, SPLAPOOL 1.5 HP, 220v, 2 speed pump, Waterway Carefree 27" 400 LB Sand filter, Digital Nano plus SWG, TF-100 test kit /speed stir. Dolphin Primal x3 robotic cleaner

5. Back To Top    #5

That's a lot of junk. Wow.
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

6. Back To Top    #6

Wow, thats amazing! We threw our Polaris 380 in yesterday and its performance was pretty bad. It picked up leaves, etc, but it kept getting hung up on the sunshelf and bench seat. Time to order a robot. Was wondering why you chose this particular model?
    My Pool Build (2015): inground 12K gals gunite/plaster pool, SWG, 2-speed pump, cartridge filter, gas heater, and polaris cleaner (Jandy). TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speed Stir

7. Back To Top    #7

By looking at the pool, it really looked good. Like I said, I knew there was a couple places of stuff, but this amazed me!!!!!
    Mark

8. Back To Top    #8

Going to order mine today, should have it tuesday.
    Approx 15,000 gallon gunite pool, fiberglass finish. Hayward SP2302VSP, compools solar controller, 6 4x10 "Sealed Air" brand solar panels, Clean and Clear 520 cartridge filter

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by Helen203 View Post
    Wow, thats amazing! We threw our Polaris 380 in yesterday and its performance was pretty bad. It picked up leaves, etc, but it kept getting hung up on the sunshelf and bench seat. Time to order a robot. Was wondering why you chose this particular model?
    I researched a lot, and I was on about a 700.00 budget. After reading reviews I liked this one a lot. I ended up getting it for 599.99, and free shipping, so I saved a 100.00 to boot!
    Mark

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by kywildcats View Post
    By looking at the pool, it really looked good. Like I said, I knew there was a couple places of stuff, but this amazed me!!!!!
    If yours makes you half as happy as mine makes me, you'll be a believer. Robots are awesome. I may come back and post some of my pics like that. They work I tell you! Going on three years, and Ive vacuumed only a few times before my Robot came.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

11. Back To Top    #11

Do you know if you get the warranty if ordering direct from amazon? As in the Amazon prime version?

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Nickmpower View Post
    Do you know if you get the warranty if ordering direct from amazon? As in the Amazon prime version?
    Amazon has there price listed as 606.00. Under the price there is another choice for 599.99. Click on that one, and then click on buy from Backyard Pool Superstore. They are an authorized dealer and the 2 year warranty is valid. I called Maytronics, who makes Dolphin products, and they verified the warranty would be good.
    Mark

13. Back To Top    #13

Amazon has there price listed as 606.00. Under the price there is another choice for 599.99. Click on that one, and then click on buy from Backyard Pool Superstore. They are an authorized dealer and the 2 year warranty is valid. I called Maytronics, who makes Dolphin products, and they verified the warranty would be good.
    After I posted that I saw in a review that someone didn't have trouble with the warranty after buying from amazon, I want it asap so I was willing to pay the extra six bucks for Tuesday delivery. But then I got to check out and realized I was going to have to pay over $50 in tax! So I ended up getting the backyard superstore one tax free

14. Back To Top    #14

I ordered mine after business hours on Wednesday the 23rd, and it was here on Saturday the 27th. I don't think you can beat that for FREE shipping!
    Mark

15. Back To Top    #15

I have had one a little over 2 years and love it. The only down side to it, is the mesh filters rip after a while. I ended up getting the Maytronics Dolphin 99954307-RK1 Filter Bag Conversion Kit for it off of Ebay, and have not had any more issues with it.
    21,500 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' Diamond Brite Cool Blue pool. Sta-Rite SuperMax 1.5 HP 2 speed pump running on low for 8 hrs a day, Sta-rite PCX125 cartridge filter, CircuPool RJ-45 SWG, 500 watt incandesce light, 1 skimmer, 4 returns, Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot cleaner, Solar-Breeze NX & TF-100 test kit, Taylor K1766 kit with speed stir.

16. Back To Top    #16

Does it still do a good job with the bag? I thought about ordering a replacement set of filters for mine anyway.
    Mark

17. Back To Top    #17

Does it still do a good job with the bag? I thought about ordering a replacement set of filters for mine anyway.
    I think its doing a better job now..

The conversion kit cost just a little bit more than a set cartage filter replacements.
    21,500 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' Diamond Brite Cool Blue pool. Sta-Rite SuperMax 1.5 HP 2 speed pump running on low for 8 hrs a day, Sta-rite PCX125 cartridge filter, CircuPool RJ-45 SWG, 500 watt incandesce light, 1 skimmer, 4 returns, Dolphin Oasis Z5 robot cleaner, Solar-Breeze NX & TF-100 test kit, Taylor K1766 kit with speed stir.

18. Back To Top    #18

For what it's worth, be never had a any issue with my screen or cart filters tearing, or failing in any way.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Pentair 36"SF & VS Pump, Dolphin M5, Rheem

19. Back To Top    #19

too good to clean pool and get much more junk . Best tool for cleaning of POOL.

20. Back To Top    #20

Still don't have it, knew I should have done the amazon prime shipping

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast