Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: ColorLogic 320 Lights versus Standard ColorLogic Pool Lights

1. Back To Top    #1

ColorLogic 320 Lights versus Standard ColorLogic Pool Lights

Hi,

PB originally quoted two ColorLogic Pool Lights for our 32x16 Lagoon. He later advised that they recommend switching to three ColorLogic 320 lights at the same price since the shape of the pool would have shadow spots with only two lights. Opinions on whether this is a good idea? Will the 320 lights be bright enough to effectively light the pool? Is this a good trade off financially?

Thanks for your input.

LightLocation.JPG
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: ColorLogic 320 Lights versus Standard ColorLogic Pool Lights

Just make sure the lighting is positioned correctly so that a glare is not cast to the house or decking area. I have 4 pentair globrites in my pool. I am happy, however if i could modify, i would add a 5th in the center of the pool.
    Freeform /620 Surface/110 perimeter/20k gal/ Raised bond beam/Baja shelf (2)//Pentair- Intelliflo VS pump, Pentair Whisperflo 1hp// Easytouch, C&C 520 Cartridge, Intellichlor SWCG// A&A- Magnasweep in-floor, LeafVac, Venturi Skimmer,// Mini-pebble (Aqua Blue w abalone shell)//4 Pentair Globrite LEDs//3 sheer descents//Travertine coping and decking.

3. Back To Top    #3

Does anyone have experience with the ColorLogic 320? Reliability? I can't seem to find any sign of replacement bulbs being available. Would three be bright enough to light a pool or would two Universal ColorLogic be better?

4. Back To Top    #4

Started 5/31/16. 38'x23', 618 sqft., <14,000 gallons, 8' spa.Travertine coping. Raised beam w/3 sheers. Large sunshelf w/3 bubblers. SWG IC40, Pentair VSP, 520 cartridge, color LED lights, Easy-touch, screen logic, Maytronics S300i robot, and Wet Edge Prism Matrix finish (Deep Sea Blue with Indigo plaster). Build Thread: Another in Texas - Cypress Texas | MUD District | HOA Approval | Great Escapes Pools