Two Stage gas line question

Apologize but I did not read the getting started suggestions before posting to a thread that was over a year old.

I have not been able to find information for my situation. I am upgrading from a 250 BTU Jandy lite 2 that has worn out. I had it professionally installed 12 years ago (permits etc) but was not attentive enough as to the requirements. I am running a two stage system now. It is a 2 psi Delivery from the gas meter with Mult. 1.07 in a 1" flex running for 150' down hill to the heater. I want to go up in BTUs to 400 if possible. Not that I need it to heat, but just to do it quicker. Gas company says it shouldn't be a issue. But for some reason I didn't hang up the phone after talking with them very confident. I do not want to kill a new heater by not having the volume I would need. From reading some discussions here in earlier posts, it sounds like some of you have some experience with what I am going through.

Can anyone reference a web page that I could look at which has the two stage calculations and distances? Or answer as to if I am capable with set up I have now in place to step up to above 250 BTUS without harming a new heater ?

Also I am looking at Jandy/ Hayward/ and Lochinvar so far if anyone has recommendation.
Thanks

I will "second" Paul on this one. There are too many variables to consider with an install like this. Number of bends in the pipe, valve restrictions, etc are a few. It is best to have an experienced gas fitter on site to evaluate this

Spokane - Just to make sure I get this right. Existing equipment: 2# Delivery Regulator feeding a 1.07 I.D. flex line running ~ 150' to a 250 BTU heater. Correct?
I am assuming you are delivering 2# gas to the existing heater where an "appliance" regulator is cutting pressure from ~2# to 6-8" WC or whatever your heater currently operates at. Correct?
You want to leave everything the same except replace the 250 BTU heater with a 400 BTU heater. Correct?
See this, bottom of page 15. http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/MasterTempOM.pdf
Per that link, you will have adequate gas supply through your one inch gas line to run the heater. You will have to verify that the meter has adequate capacity for the increase BTU and that the appliance regulator at the heater also has sufficient capacity. A plumber can easily do this and I suspect both will be completely fine.
Good luck.

spokane - just to make sure i get this right. Existing equipment: 2# delivery regulator feeding a 1.07 i.d. Flex line running ~ 150' to a 250 btu heater. Correct?
I am assuming you are delivering 2# gas to the existing heater where an "appliance" regulator is cutting pressure from ~2# to 6-8" wc or whatever your heater currently operates at. Correct?
You want to leave everything the same except replace the 250 btu heater with a 400 btu heater. Correct?
See this, bottom of page 15. http://www.pentairpool.com/pdfs/mastertempom.pdf
per that link, you will have adequate gas supply through your one inch gas line to run the heater. You will have to verify that the meter has adequate capacity for the increase btu and that the appliance regulator at the heater also has sufficient capacity. A plumber can easily do this and i suspect both will be completely fine.
Good luck.

^^^^ this

The first stage should be delivering enough volume to the second stage, providing the numbers you are giving are current. Like everyone has been saying, you WILL need a guy to come out and readjust your second stage to accommodate the increased demand (400K btu). If he's good, he should at least check the first stage too.

If it is flex, there shouldn't be any fittings, stand pipes should be large radius sweeps, and can be considered (for calcs) to be one straight continuous run.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.