AO Smith 2 speed pump wiring

swill

Mar 17, 2016
Virginia Beach, VA
I just bought an AO Smith 2 speed pump with a 2green controller box on top. My old one speed pump was wired through the timer so that the Polaris booster pump and salt cell would only be energized while the pump was running, meaning that everything would turn on and off together. Since the new pump has a timer built into it, I'm not sure what to do. I'd like the salt system and Polaris booster pump to only get electricity while the main pump is on. In a perfect world, I'd like different timers for the main pump and booster pump. Any ideas?

Welcome to TFP!

My variable speed pump with built in timer is wired directly to the breaker. My pressure cleaner pump and SWG are each wired to their own timer. I rarely run my cleaner on a timer because it doesn't work that well when the VS is running at 1100, its normal speed. So, I manually ramp the VS pump and turn on the cleaner pump. The SWG is set to run usually 4-6 hours and I just make sure my pump will be on during those times. With all the trees we have my pump runs more than my SWG to keep the pool skimmed.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.