In-floor cleaning system leak

May 7, 2011
Our pool was leaking (confirmed with bucket test), had leak detector out and found a break in one zone of our in-floor cleaning system. Break is where pipes come into the pool by spa, under cool deck (we live in AZ).

Our choices are one of these three: abandon the one infloor zone, complete infloor abandonment (use vacuum then), or repair it. Not taking the cost factor into account, I don't know which is better in the long term. Having great difficulty knowing how to make a decision. Anyone been through this or have any thoughts/ideas? Would be greatly appreciated. Pool is about 9 years old.

• Wow
Reactions: akaScottydo
Abandoning any part of your IFS means you will have to blow out the pipes and cap & seal them securely otherwise they will continue to be a leak risk or, worse, a warm, wet and dark environment perfect for some nasty anaerobic bacteria and mold to grow in.

I think it really depends on what it might cost to repair the leaking pipe. Obviously some of your decking will have to be removed and replaced but, in the long run, it'll be hard to sell a house with a pool that has an inoperable IFS and pipes that leak.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk,16k gal SWG pool (All Pentair), QuadDE100 Filter, Taylor K-2006

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.