Out of level on 2 sides

Mar 23, 2016
Mesquite, Tx
I had a question for some of you that have done this before. We had a bobcat come out and get the ground level within an inch. We filled with sand and leveled it ourselves. After filling the pool to almost full we have a 2 inch difference. Intex ultraframe 20 x 42inch.

```high 2''
|``````````|
|``````````|
|low```````| low
|``````````|
|``````````|
|``````````|
````````````
```high 2'

This is a circular pool. but the diagram is what i could with it. Do we need to drain it again and fix?

You might want to check the manufacture's instructions for your pool, but I'm afraid that generally 1" is the max variation for an AGP level. Here at TFP, most recommendations are based on the same. The primary concern of course is that there is too much pressure on that low side or end. If it bursts, not only is there a large amount of water going in one direction, but metal framing and pieces as well, so safety becomes more of a primary concern. Ultimately, it will be your call, but there's always a risk if left unlevel. Sorry.

By the way ..... is it too late to say welcome to TFP? WELCOME! :wave:

are you checking the water line to the top rail. I thought I was a couple inches off when i filled it with water. But then I realized that it was just the pattern on the top of the liner making it look out of level. I checked the water and I am right on to maybe a 1/8th.

How about pics from both high n low spots from a distance.

are you checking the water line to the top rail. I thought I was a couple inches off when i filled it with water. But then I realized that it was just the pattern on the top of the liner making it look out of level. I checked the water and I am right on to maybe a 1/8th.

I noticed the pattern on mine was off by a half to one square, also. If you look near the seam, you can see it. If the pool gets full from rain to the grey part of the liner, it's easier to distinguish whether it is off level or not.

I had one that was nearly 3" out of level, and it held up until the top rail rusted through. It's not an ideal situation, but I think it would survive one season okay. I'd definitely plan to level it the next time you drain it. Besides, it bothered me constantly to see it out of level. Mine is perfect now.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.