Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Out of level on 2 sides

1. Back To Top    #1

Question Out of level on 2 sides

I had a question for some of you that have done this before. We had a bobcat come out and get the ground level within an inch. We filled with sand and leveled it ourselves. After filling the pool to almost full we have a 2 inch difference. Intex ultraframe 20 x 42inch.

```high 2''
    |``````````|
    |``````````|
    |low```````| low
    |``````````|
    |``````````|
    |``````````|
    ````````````
    ```high 2'

This is a circular pool. but the diagram is what i could with it. Do we need to drain it again and fix?

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Out of level on 2 sides

You might want to check the manufacture's instructions for your pool, but I'm afraid that generally 1" is the max variation for an AGP level. Here at TFP, most recommendations are based on the same. The primary concern of course is that there is too much pressure on that low side or end. If it bursts, not only is there a large amount of water going in one direction, but metal framing and pieces as well, so safety becomes more of a primary concern. Ultimately, it will be your call, but there's always a risk if left unlevel. Sorry.

By the way ..... is it too late to say welcome to TFP? WELCOME!
    Pat (a.k.a. Texas Splash) ~ My Pool: Viking Fiberglass; 17,888 Gal; Waterway Supreme 2-sp/2-hp pump; Hayward Ctg filter; TF-100 w/ Speed Stir
    Vital Links: POOL SCHOOL, RECOMMENDED LEVELS, RECOMMENDED CHEMICALS, Poolmath Calculator, SLAM, Chlorine/CYA CHART.
    If you enjoyed your TFP experience, please consider donating to Support TFP!

3. Back To Top    #3

I'd leave it. You should be ok
    Intex ultra frame 26'x52" above ground pool
    Intex ultra 18'x46" above ground pool retired

4. Back To Top    #4

are you checking the water line to the top rail. I thought I was a couple inches off when i filled it with water. But then I realized that it was just the pattern on the top of the liner making it look out of level. I checked the water and I am right on to maybe a 1/8th.
    ~Matt~ Radiant Metric 24'x52" 14k- built into a slope. CircuPool Si-30 SWCG. Jandy 200 SqFt cartridge filter. Pentair Optiflow 2-speed 1HP pump. Wanda the Whale. TF-100 Test Kit. Hard Plumbed.
    My Build w/ lots of pics

5. Back To Top    #5

How about pics from both high n low spots from a distance.
    I'd bet you my bikini you'll never get TFP water from a pool store!

24' Sharkline Venture De Filter

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Quote Originally Posted by yostmatt View Post
    are you checking the water line to the top rail. I thought I was a couple inches off when i filled it with water. But then I realized that it was just the pattern on the top of the liner making it look out of level. I checked the water and I am right on to maybe a 1/8th.
    I noticed the pattern on mine was off by a half to one square, also. If you look near the seam, you can see it. If the pool gets full from rain to the grey part of the liner, it's easier to distinguish whether it is off level or not.
    26' X 52" Intex Ultra Frame. Intex Sand Filter
    26' X 52 Intex Ultra Frame Install
    You can lead a horse to (clear) water, but you can't force him to swim in it!

7. Back To Top    #7

Pictures would really help here.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall

8. Back To Top    #8

Never use the pattern as a guide to being level, as they themselves are not always. Use a minimum 48" level on the pool itself instead. I have seen lots of patterns that were crooked and out of line, so trying to level it that way is useless.
    Ultra 16', Intex Sand filter/pump combo, 8' x 20' solar panels, solar blanket w/roll tube, 1" extruded foam floor with Gorilla pad, Liquid chlorine and stabilizer.

9. Back To Top    #9

TFP Guide

I had one that was nearly 3" out of level, and it held up until the top rail rusted through. It's not an ideal situation, but I think it would survive one season okay. I'd definitely plan to level it the next time you drain it. Besides, it bothered me constantly to see it out of level. Mine is perfect now.
    25000 gallon free-form gunite
    Jandy Stealth pump/CL340 cartridge filter
    Pentair IC40 SWG
    Pentair MasterTemp 250HD heater
    Jandy AquaLink RS automation