I'd rather do it myself!

dauntlesst

Bronze Supporter
Mar 13, 2016
Nashville, TN
We put in a pool about nine or ten years ago as a way to keep teens and their friends around the home front...mostly worked. What I discovered was that the installer did a fine job BUT service--that was a whole different ballgame. The equipment was a mystery to most companies in the area even if I provided manuals. One company left during the service call because of the infloor cleaning system.

So, with the help of TFP we learned the importance of maintaining the chemistry of our pool, the importance of opening and closing properly, and have replaced equipment (SWG, pump motor, and timers). I get a friend to help with electrical items and hook ups for a home cooked dinner. The process takes more time but at least I know that we are caring for our pool properly.

But, my heat pump died-the exchanger did not drain and spews water. Can't install that BUT have a great heat and air company and they will take it on. So, spring coming on strong here...getting happy about pool time.

So, thanks to you pool people who chat for the help these past years! There's always something.