Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: My Pool Adventure: Southeast Louisiana

1. Back To Top    #1

My Pool Adventure: Southeast Louisiana

So here are pics of my bare backyard. Hubby & I just finished building our home and moved in December... actually should say "I" just built it, he did nothing haha! Anyway, I'm looking for help from all of you experts out there please. I hope to get the pool construction underway soon & will be signing a contract with pool company tomorrow evening. The company doesn't itemize the prices but will itemize what is being sold on the contract with one lump sum (bundle deal).... I'm fine with that but what does everyone else think? Anyway, excited to get underway and look forward to sharing with everyone and getting much needed advice!

Back towards house.JPG. Backyard.JPG
    15 X 34 Pacific Blue Viking Fiji, 3'6" to 6', 12,000 gallon with spill-over spa wrapped in stone, 2 laminars, noche travertine coping, & spray deck patio. Hayward Heat Pump, SWG

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My Pool Adventure: Southeast Louisiana

I forgot to add a pic of what the pool looks like (minus the hand rail)
    Fiji-.jpg
    15 X 34 Pacific Blue Viking Fiji, 3'6" to 6', 12,000 gallon with spill-over spa wrapped in stone, 2 laminars, noche travertine coping, & spray deck patio. Hayward Heat Pump, SWG

3. Back To Top    #3

LOL on YOU building the house. That is how it would be if we did one. So long as it has a 'fride for the beer he would be good!

I love the shape of the pool. Will you do the two colored deck? I like it!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

I'm supposed to have travertine coping with Spray deck decking but I think the colors are very similar. I hope it turns out OK. I will do my best to post pics all along the way.

5. Back To Top    #5

I, too, have a freeform fiblerglass pool and love it. My build was a complete nightmare, however. So the best piece of advice that I can give you is to look at the "draw schedule" very carefully. If at all possible, you want to hold as much money back as possible until everything is complete and to your satisfaction.

My pool builder wanted the majority of the money when the pool went in the hole. After that was done, it was like pulling teeth to get them to complete the project. Just a word of caution. I'm sure most PB's are not like that and I'm quite sure that none of them are as bad as mine was. But better safe than sorry.
    15,000 gallon free form Viking fiberglass pool. Hayward Star-Clear Plus C12002 cartridge filter. Hayward Swim Pure Plus T-15 SWG. Testing with TF-100 Kit. 2 speed 1.5HP Supreme pump. Dolphin Nautilus robotic cleaner

6. Back To Top    #6

Good advice... thanks! That was true of my home build too. Once those subs were paid, they were in no rush to come back. I'm delighted to hear that you love your pool though. I'm so scared about cracks since I read a horror story from a poster on here who lives near my area. But I'm using a different pool company so I hope it's a smooth process.

7. Back To Top    #7

OK it's done! Signed contract tonight. Estimated start date is May 9th. I can't wait. I picked "Pacific Blue" as the color. I'm scared.... hope its the right color for me!

8. Back To Top    #8

That's a really nice pool. Don't forget to take lots of pictures during the installation. They hoisted my pool over my house and it was a wild thing to watch!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

9. Back To Top    #9

you picked the right one for me! LOVE IT!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

I'm happy with my color decision... no turning back now since the pool & spa have been ordered. My PB called me today to make sure 8 jets in the spa is enough. He said it would give me lots of water movement.

Just curious if anyone has an opinion on lit bubblers in the splash deck. Right now I just have 2 regular bubblers there but he is going to price lit ones b/c that's what I wanted. Would it be worth the money? In addition I have 2 lit deck jets on entire pool.
    Thanks!

11. Back To Top    #11

You're going to love it. We had our fiberglass pool installed last January and it's been soooo easy to maintain! We too have two deck jets but we rarely use them except for accent before a pool party.
    Liberty Pools - Lincoln
    McKinney, Texas - Built Jan 2015
    10,800 Gallons Fiberglass IG; Hayward SP3200VSP; AquaRite T-Cell 3 SWG; Hayward C17502S Cartridge Filter; TF-1000 Kit on it's way

12. Back To Top    #12

Hi Magnum,
    I notice in your sig quote that you have a Hayward variable speed pump (as does a previous poster in this thread)... my PB is including a regular Hayward 1.5HP. He said if I want variable speed I could get it ($700 extra) but he felt I didn't need it & that it's a selling gimmick. What are your thoughts since you have one?
    TIA

13. Back To Top    #13

OK all, scheduled to have pool install to start next week (May 9th). If the rain doesn't hit, we are good to go. I'll try my best to post pics. Can't wait!

14. Back To Top    #14

YEAH! Thanks for the update!

Kim

15. Back To Top    #15

So we are a week late starting but dig and pool placement is scheduled for tomorrow. YAY! I'm so excited. I was going to post pics but am having trouble doing so...

16. Back To Top    #16

17. Back To Top    #17

18. Back To Top    #18

OK they are out there digging but I can't post pics!

Anyway, they hit water.... so now putting in rocks.

19. Back To Top    #19

To add more pics you can become a Supporting Member: CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

It gives you more photo storage, a discount on the test kit AND helps us keep the lights on!

You can also try PhotoBuckey using the IMG code.

Kim

20. Back To Top    #20

I tried photobucket but it wouldn't work & I have tons of pics! It says that I have "invalid file error".

Anyway, giving update: my pool is in the ground filled with water. The tile is starting tomorrow & spa will be built Friday. Next week I should be ready for concrete.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast