Perpetual Learner "new 2 me" IG gunite pool in Florida

Mar 20, 2016
Palm Harbor, FL
At the behest of kimkats from my introduction thread, here are a couple before/in-process pictures of the pool.

To this point, the pool has been SLAM'ed and I am trying to let the Chlorine come down to a target of 6 while also dealing with a huge amount of organic matter from tree pollen, etc. resulting from the Florida spring and high winds.

I also started the process today of getting the screened enclosure ready for a serious cleaning by removing the lower "animal" screening left from the previous owner. Ah the joys of home ownership.

Note the Zodiac MX6 in the deep end is setting at a depth of about 6.5 ft. Pretty darn clean already. Can't wait to learn even more from this site and just enjoy my pool on a care-free inexpensive path. :)

NEW POOL FROM SHALLOW END.jpg

NEW POOL FROM DEEP END.jpg

LOVE IT! You have a great area and set up! If these are the BEFORE pictures...........dude you have it made! We have seen them where we KNEW the Creature from the Black Lagoon was living in it!!

That IS a clear pool! Nice job already! Thanks for sharing!

Kim

Thanks Kim!

What the pictures do not show are the pockmarks left behind from where the plaster got etched from previous owners (was a foreclosure not long ago), metal stains in a couple areas from sheer lack of give-a-darn, etc. It wasn't bad to start with, but up close and personal, it shows its 24 years of age. And it was showing signs of improper care.

That said, my real estate agent told me one of the first things I was going to want to do is have the entire pool resurfaced and start from scratch at a cost of $4K+. I just kind of chuckled and suggested I could get at least a couple more years out of it.

In three weeks, I have repaired and eliminated both a pump and a filter leak for less than $20 in new o-rings plus spent about $40 in chlorine for the entire SLAM process. And, I got my first personal "real" test kit.

Less than $180 to have what I have seems like nothing. I'm really looking forward to enjoying it for a couple of years without huge expense.

As I said; there are no words to describe the value of what I learned just by lurking about here over the past couple of years.

I bet you did have a smile on your face when they told you that! "If you only knew what I know and who I know! TFP!" LOVE it!

You can spend a couple more bucks and get a pretty badge by your name to help keep the lights on here by becoming a supporting member.

CLICK HERE to Become a TroubleFreePool.com Supporter!!

We would love for you to stick around and help others get their pools looking like yours!

Funny how a picture can "hide" problems or boo-boos. It will be interesting to see how long you can get out of the pool like it is now that you have it and know how to care for it.

Kim

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.