Stains from a Bobby Pin

Mar 12, 2012
Fort Worth, TX
I have done the Vitamin C test. Crushed vitamin C tablets in a sock and placed it on top of the stain. No luck. Then I bought actual Stain Free Ascorbic Acid and placed a cup in a sock and had it over one stain for 30 min. no luck. It was one Bobby pin that moved around the bottom of the pool and left multiple little stains. I have a 25,000 gallon, pebble plaster pool using BBB method. What do I actually do? I have the pool at 7.2 pH and 0 FC. I'm ready to do the Ascorbic treatment and I know the Bobby pin was metal account I pulled out the min and it was rusted. The stains have been there about a month and a half I'd bet.

Does it take hard scrubbing to get the stains removed?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the bad pic, but it's very windy right now.

Attachments

• pool.jpg
    pool.jpg
    44.3 KB · Views: 47
I had a similar thing happen in a few spots. I set a vitamin C tablet on one and it disappear almost instantly. The other I set it on for a long time and scrubbed it, but it just faded a little. Not sure why the difference.

In any case, if putting the Vitamin C directly on the stains do not remove them, then I am pretty sure an AA treatment will not either ... it is the same thing, but more concentrated when you use the tablets directly.

I have read about people using a squeeze bottle with some MA and a tube such as a piece of PVC to get the acid directly on the spot then with in a few seconds scrub. Be careful and I would use gloves or a brush with a long handle unless you also need an exfoliation.

I have read about people using a squeeze bottle with some MA and a tube such as a piece of PVC to get the acid directly on the spot then with in a few seconds scrub. Be careful and I would use gloves or a brush with a long handle unless you also need an exfoliation.

Interesting, I've read that too, but was hoping for an easy fix. I'll have to give it a try. At least it will be easy to fix pool chemistry if it works.

Thanks

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.