Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Stains from a Bobby Pin

1. Back To Top    #1

Stains from a Bobby Pin

I have done the Vitamin C test. Crushed vitamin C tablets in a sock and placed it on top of the stain. No luck. Then I bought actual Stain Free Ascorbic Acid and placed a cup in a sock and had it over one stain for 30 min. no luck. It was one Bobby pin that moved around the bottom of the pool and left multiple little stains. I have a 25,000 gallon, pebble plaster pool using BBB method. What do I actually do? I have the pool at 7.2 pH and 0 FC. I'm ready to do the Ascorbic treatment and I know the Bobby pin was metal account I pulled out the min and it was rusted. The stains have been there about a month and a half I'd bet.

Does it take hard scrubbing to get the stains removed?

- - - Updated - - -

Sorry for the bad pic, but it's very windy right now.
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Stains from a Bobby Pin

I had a similar thing happen in a few spots. I set a vitamin C tablet on one and it disappear almost instantly. The other I set it on for a long time and scrubbed it, but it just faded a little. Not sure why the difference.

In any case, if putting the Vitamin C directly on the stains do not remove them, then I am pretty sure an AA treatment will not either ... it is the same thing, but more concentrated when you use the tablets directly.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

So how do you get the stains out, if the Vitamin C doesn't work directly? Jump in and scrub?

4. Back To Top    #4

TFP Guide

I have read about people using a squeeze bottle with some MA and a tube such as a piece of PVC to get the acid directly on the spot then with in a few seconds scrub. Be careful and I would use gloves or a brush with a long handle unless you also need an exfoliation.
    12,300 Gallon, IG PebbleFina, 3 ft sheer, 2 Jandy nicheless LED lights, Jandy Pro 1.5HP VS pump (A.O. Smith Motor), PB4-60 Booster pump, Polaris 280, Jandy cv340 cartridge filter, Zodiac Z4 control panel W/iAquaLink, Stenner pumps for chlorine & MA connected to WiOn WiFi switches, TF-100. You can support TFP with AmazonSmile just click the link!

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by atttech-2 View Post
    I have read about people using a squeeze bottle with some MA and a tube such as a piece of PVC to get the acid directly on the spot then with in a few seconds scrub. Be careful and I would use gloves or a brush with a long handle unless you also need an exfoliation.
    Interesting, I've read that too, but was hoping for an easy fix. I'll have to give it a try. At least it will be easy to fix pool chemistry if it works.

Thanks