Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: jump system or diving board...opinions please

1. Back To Top    #1

jump system or diving board...opinions please

I'm just looking for people's opinions on these different types of diving boards from s.r.smith. They have the salt pool jump system or the flyte deck II dive stand. We have a 8 ft. vinyl pool going in and are trying to figure out what sort of diving equipment to choose. We have 3 young children and want to keep it safe but fun. thanks....

- - - Updated - - -

Ok, I just found out that our pb is now using the interfab durobeam 8' board. So any input on that would be great as well....thanks
    Starting Monday 4/18/16...18x39x30x14 L vinyl liner pool. All Hayward equipment: Tristar pump, 300K BTU heater, s310 sand filter, T-15 swg, Omnilogic. 2-12v universal color logic lights + 1-320 accent light on the steps, Latham gold pebble liner. Tf-100 test kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: jump system or diving board...opinions please

An 8' board seems awfully big to me for a pool that is only 8' deep ... unless it is not very springy so that it acts more as a platform.

It is really easy to hit the bottom with only 8' of water. I would highly recommend you get in the habit of calling it a jumping board and not a diving board ... especially when the kids get older.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

jump system or diving board...opinions please

Salt Jump is a more bouncy type of base versus the Flyte Deck II which is a solid platform. Our board is 8'. Honestly you do get some bounce, especially bigger kids and adults. And really unless your pool is 10' deep, for liability reasons you don't want a very bouncy board. You will have the ability to hit the bottom even with the Flyte Deck and 8 1/2' deep (our setup).
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!

4. Back To Top    #4

Thank you for your experiences. I am ultra safe (I have read that having a diving board is safer then not because it defines the safe place to dive). So as much as I want this to be fun (i.e. A super bouncy board) I would sacrifice that for safety. Do you think a 6' board would be safer or doesn't it matter too much?
    Starting Monday 4/18/16...18x39x30x14 L vinyl liner pool. All Hayward equipment: Tristar pump, 300K BTU heater, s310 sand filter, T-15 swg, Omnilogic. 2-12v universal color logic lights + 1-320 accent light on the steps, Latham gold pebble liner. Tf-100 test kit

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Perhaps marginally less flexible, but can't be much. One thing to consider is scale. 6' for ours would look a little bit stubby (pool is a 38' long rectangle).
    18'x38' Rectangle (3'-8 1/2' deep w/ diving board) - 27K gal. w/ gray plaster
    Hayward equipment (cartridge filter, 2-speed pump, SWCG, automation) View Our Build
    Coverstar automatic pool cover | StoneMakers concrete retaining wall and decking
    Spring 2013 Build | Dolphin Active 20 robot cleaner | Support TFP!