Andy.B

Mar 22, 2016
James Island, SC
Hello y'all. My fiance and I just bought our first house. We weren't necessarily looking for a house with a pool, but this one just so happened to have one. Added bonus! At least we think so so far. Neither of us ever had a pool before so I'm coming here to read up and edumucate myself on pool maintenance. All we know so far is that it is approximately 15x30, had a new liner installed in 2012, and was converted to salt in 2012. It has an Intellichlor generator. We have a pool guy coming tomorrow to get us started getting it clean again and give a little "crash course" while he's here on maintenance. We're in Charleston, SC...James Island for those familiar with the area.

Hi Andy, and welcome to TFP! Maybe it's good you have no previous experience. That means no previous bad habits. :) Spend some time on our Pool School page and you'll be on the road to success. Also, make sure you have the right test kit (TF-100 or Taylor K-2006). Except NO substitutes. Water balancing starts with the right test kit. Have a great day!

"Crash" courses are designed mostly to do exactly just that. CRASH! Spend a little time in Pool School and ask our nearly 100k members any particular questions you might have. One of our recommended test kits will keep you mostly out of trouble if you do your part. Welcome to the fun!