PH Numbers

kywildcats

Bronze Supporter
Jul 23, 2015
Mayfield, KY
My pool was put in late last year (First week of Sept). My PH was 7.8 and a little higher and I kept adding MA to bring it down. So far this year since I opened last week it was 7.5, but has dropped to 7.2 and staying there. Is this OK?

Here are the numbers for today.

FC: 7
CC: 0
PH: 7.2
CH: 100
TA: 70
CYA: 60 (Slowly making it rise to 70)
Water temp: 60 (Water sample was brought in house for 3 hours before testing)

Yesterday FC was at 6. I turned on SWG to 15% and ran the pump for about 4-6 hours, and it raised it to 7
Water is crystal clear!!

No Pucks used over the winter
PH just barely changes color from my well water. Less than 6.8 for sure

my ph tends to drift down if it isn't at TA of 80 or slightly higher.

I have vinyl and about the same volume pool as you, try adding 2 lbs of baking soda, then test ta & ph.

get the ph up to 7.5/7.6 with mule team borax or soda ash (shouldn't take much, maybe a cup). should hold ph steady then.

my ph tends to drift down if it isn't at TA of 80 or slightly higher.

I have vinyl and about the same volume pool as you, try adding 2 lbs of baking soda, then test ta & ph.

get the ph up to 7.5/7.6 with mule team borax or soda ash (shouldn't take much, maybe a cup). should hold ph steady then.

Use both the baking soda and borax? Can they just be broadcast into the pool water?

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Use both the baking soda and borax? Can they just be broadcast into the pool water?

Get a 1 gallon bucket, fill with pool water, get a stir stick, pour ALL the baking soda in while you stir it around.

slowly pour into the pool deep end about 1 foot away from the return jet. (while pump is running)

rinse out bucket

do the borax or soda ash same way.

Keep the pump running for an hour then test. ph & TA

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.