adding a return questions

Jul 1, 2015
Fremont OH
I have an 18 x 33 Sharkline Matrix pool. I'm planning on adding a second return on the opposite side of the pool. The factory design places the skimmer and return 1 foot apart on the same side of the pool. Even with the ability to aim the return, I have a hard time seeing how you can get good circulation or filtration with this design.

I was planning on cutting a hole at approximately the same level as the original return. My tool of choice was going to be a hole saw, but then I read a few warnings about not letting shavings/pieces get behind the liner. How big of an issue is that? I also looked at a knockout hole punch, but no one rents them locally, and they're too expensive to buy for a single project.

Thoughts? I'm going to lower the water level about 6 inches below the current return, try to unhook the liner, cover the inside wall with duct tape, stuff a towel between the liner and wall, and try with the hole saw, for lack of better options I guess.

When I'm elected President............All AG pools will be required to come from the factory with 2 skimmers and two returns. Oh yeah...........and a chicken in every pot too!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.