Anyone ever use a salt system called SGS Breeze?

Jun 26, 2014
Peoria, AZ
My PB is offering it as an alternative to the Hayward Aquarite T-15. He says it has a better warranty (5yr?). I've never heard of the brand before though, so I'm hesitant. The rest of my equipment would be Hayward brand except the SGS... and the small amount of search posts I found on the forum don't seem to offer much.

I'm leaning towards trying it, based on the better warranty, and it's a local company here in AZ. But I'd be more comfortable if someone here had some experience with it and let me know.

Thoughts?

It looks like the control only allows adjustment in 25% increments. In reading the warranty its prorated after year three and has a couple limitations that could void it. One is running the unit more than 12 hrs per day and the other is a need to show that you have maintained proper testing and water chemistry. That could be hard to prove.

I have had a Hayward AQR15 for more than 10 years now, and I couldn't be happier with it. My first t-15 cell lasted 7+ years and cost $400 to replace, making my chlorine costs less than $57 per year ($400/7=$57). And that's in a 19k pool in very sunny Tucson that's open year-round.

If correct the 25% increment adjustment limitation would be a no-go for me. That and I'd go with all the same brand to keep it all "clean". The latter is just a personal thing.

I've heard of it, but dont know anyone who has one.
I googled "SGS" in the search field just below the Pool School button and there were are few hits.

So, google that up and see if any of the hits gives you some relevent info.

Oh wow, the company behind the product has an "F" rating with the BBB.

http://www.bbb.org/phoenix/business-reviews/saltwater-pools-equipment-and-supplies/saline-generating-systems-in-tempe-az-1000027444

One of their recent complaints, not honoring their warranty:

Complaint: My Breeze Residential Chlorinator 320 for my swimming pool is under warranty and The Titanium "legs"that hold up the Cell Blades have broken apart from only one blade.I cal************** Factory Direct Customer Assistance few times and speak with(Mr.****** ******)and his manager **************** ext.206 about my problem.They refuse to honor warranty stating that alkalinity in my Swimming pool is problem.Recommended range is 80-120 and my Pool Water Analysis(PWA) shows 90 almost all the time(in Recomm.range)I sent 3-4 copies of PWA but they said I need to provide all copies of Pool Water Analysis probably for every week (more than hundred I guess).I found in my record another 10 (saved those by an accident).Manager *** told me he will send me new Breeze chlorinator to replace Junky one for "only $234,80" and I don't agree with him.Please help,sincerely Miodrag Spaic of Naples,FL.

Desired Settlement: I request that they send me new Breeze 320 Residential Chlorinator period.

Yikes... yeah, I'm going to stay with the Hayward.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.