Below is a link to a picture of my pool plumbing. I really have no clue what's going on except that once my let go of my pool serviceman (he came for 6-minutes each time) some of the valves were in the wrong settings. I think he did that on purpose knowing I have no clue about this stuff. Little did he know I love this site and you guys are otherworldly and can help! In any case, my current dilemma is that I don't know what pipe does what and which direction it's going--and how all the valves come into play. Besides that, my issue is that I don't believe the Caretaker heads are working--and think it's the setting on the manual valve just to the left of it in the picture.
BTW--how does one go about adding storage to the quota on this site? I'm allowed like 3 pictures before going over and have to post these Google links which may get taken down and not help the next person. (thanks)
1. I have a Jandy Aqualink PDA system with some auto valves.
2. Just next to the DE filter, on the left in the pic, is my 2hp Whisperflow main pump. I'm guessing that those two pipes lead water up--one side from the skimmer the other from the main drain in the center of the pool. The valve controls that. Why would I want it to come from the main drain, and when/how should that be programmed?
3. I used to have an Aquapure salt cell going horizontally from left to right at the top (exactly where the current sensor is) but my ex-poolman replaced it with a Hayward and put it on the right going up/down. It is almost exactly at a 90 degree turn on both sides of the Hayward SWG, is that problematic? I recall reading that somewhere. Which way is the water going and why is it going in a circle?
4. What are the from 2 pipes towards the left doing?
5. The stuff all the way on the left is for the spa (pump) and waterfall and air blower. I'm not so concerned about that right now--just the main pool.
Thanks for any guidance or help with this.