Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Need A Clorox Bottle Holder - Calling All PVC Engineers

1. Back To Top    #1

Need A Clorox Bottle Holder - Calling All PVC Engineers

Okay it is hard for me to lean down, which impedes me from adding bleach to my pool as regularly as I want. We need a Clorox bottle holder that makes it easier for adding bleach, for those that need it. I am thinking a (contraption?) device made out of PVC, since PVC is so easy to work with, and available, and is already present in our pools. I believe the goal is to add bleach slowly, with no splashes or spills. I would love to see what you have come up with, or can come up with. I am an engineer also, but not mechanical, and certainly not PVC. I will work on this also.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Need A Clorox Bottle Holder - Calling All PVC Engineers

Sounds like it is time to automate your chlorine addition with a peristaltic pump or SWG

I am just afraid that trying to pour bleach while standing greatly increases the odds of something going wrong.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

no I will be sitting

- - - Updated - - -

The cholridator or liquidator or whatever its called intrigues me, but no more room on my pad. And thinking just easier to add directly with the right tool.
    30,000 gal free-form IG w/ spa, PebbleSheen Blue Surf, Pentair cartridge filter, Pentair 3 HP Intelliflo, extra pump that is way over-sized for weeping moss rocks, Dolphin Oasis Z5, municipal water, all built Jan-Feb 2016. TF-100, SpeedStir, Liquidator 3/8", borates. My build thread http://www.troublefreepool.com/threa...-in-Cypress-TX

4. Back To Top    #4

Do you have a ladder, where you could just cable-tie a funnel with some vinyl tuning to it?

OR

Find a threaded adaptor that fits through one of the holes in your skimmer lid. Insert it, then screw a threaded coupling underneath to secure it. Glue a length of pipe in and you have a nice long handle to lift the skimmer lid with as well as a place to set the funnel while you're pouring bleach.

bleachfill.jpg
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

5. Back To Top    #5

well I read here adding bleach to skimmer is not preferred, but yes, you are on right track

6. Back To Top    #6

Quote Originally Posted by MarkTX View Post
    well I read here adding bleach to skimmer is not preferred, but yes, you are on right track
    It's not preferred, but you what you must.
    16K freeform gunite with spa; Pentair 4000 DE filter; Century Whisperflow 1 HP; Pentair Minimax heater.
    Troublefree does not mean Maintenancefree. It's like brushing your teeth: You can spend a couple minutes a day and pennies a week or go to the dentist once a year and spend several thousand dollars.
    A pool is like a pet - you have to feed it every day, even the days you don't want to play with it!

7. Back To Top    #7

I really just want a (bionic?) arm extension so I can sit in my chair and pour in the jug slowly, away from the walls/plaster in the deep end.

8. Back To Top    #8

Ok i am am going to withdraw the question, I just added a gal of bleach and it was not that hard for me. Seems I am getting stronger, or more limber. But the old timers may still need our help. Just sayin.

9. Back To Top    #9

You mention that you are getting stronger and more limber, are you recovering from some type of injury?
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

10. Back To Top    #10

You go!!! I have a bad back too, and sometimes it's a matter of "use it or lose it". Consider it exercise!!!

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by Isaac-1 View Post
    You mention that you are getting stronger and more limber, are you recovering from some type of injury?
    Yes, the used-up-all-my-cartilage-playing-football-and-tennis injury. it sucks. but that is one of the reasons I wanted a pool. the olympic swimmers seem to be in good shape.

12. Back To Top    #12

I like the funnel idea Richard posted. I bet that would work the best and be easy to find.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit