Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: In Ground Pool Liner vs Chlorone

1. Back To Top    #1

In Ground Pool Liner vs Chlorone

Has anyone seen the liner of thier inground pool get lighter from adding bleach? I only have one return jet which is in the shallow end of the pool.. It seems like after two years of adding bleach that end of the pool is "bleaching" out quite a bit. Im wondering if its because the bleaching im adding is constantly sinking to the bottom of the pool inthat area....

16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: In Ground Pool Liner vs Chlorone

If you add the bleach in the manner we recommend, you should not be having that problem.

If you are pouring it in too fast and not above the jet and are not brushing the bottom after adding it, then you certainly could have faded the liner ... although we rarely if ever get reports of that happening.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Ive never read of anyone brushing the bottom after adding bleach... Is that something new?
    16 x 32 In-Ground vinyl, 21,000 Gallons, Hayward Cartridge Filter, Hayward Tiger Shark robotic cleaner, Taylor K-2006 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Not new, just insurance that bleach or acid does not settle on the bottom ... especially if you do not have a functioning floor drain.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter

5. Back To Top    #5

I have a floor drain... But in the deep end...

6. Back To Top    #6

About how long should it take me to add one gallon of bleach in front of the return jet?

7. Back To Top    #7

You have a unique situation. The general recommendation is adding the bleach in front of a jet in the deep end. Since you only have one in the shallow end, I would certainly recommend a quick brushing after adding.

I am not sure how long it should take, but you only want the stream like the size of a pencil ... I think it takes minutes.

There is the chance that the shallow end could be fading because it get more of the sun's energy hitting it and not be due to the bleach. Or a combination of both.
    Jason, TFP Moderator