In Ground Pool Liner vs Chlorone

dschribs

Mar 14, 2013
CT
Has anyone seen the liner of thier inground pool get lighter from adding bleach? I only have one return jet which is in the shallow end of the pool.. It seems like after two years of adding bleach that end of the pool is "bleaching" out quite a bit. Im wondering if its because the bleaching im adding is constantly sinking to the bottom of the pool inthat area....

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk

If you add the bleach in the manner we recommend, you should not be having that problem.

If you are pouring it in too fast and not above the jet and are not brushing the bottom after adding it, then you certainly could have faded the liner ... although we rarely if ever get reports of that happening.

You have a unique situation. The general recommendation is adding the bleach in front of a jet in the deep end. Since you only have one in the shallow end, I would certainly recommend a quick brushing after adding.

I am not sure how long it should take, but you only want the stream like the size of a pencil ... I think it takes minutes.

There is the chance that the shallow end could be fading because it get more of the sun's energy hitting it and not be due to the bleach. Or a combination of both.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.