Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: TREO misery

1. Back To Top    #1

Question TREO misery

My pool came outfitted with two TREO lights. When the pool first went in, the installers put a transformer in the load center and the only way to control it was through the circuit breaker. After complaining, they replaced this with a WIRTRAN. That worked ok for the rest of the season, but now I find myself having to stand within 5 feet of the antenna for them to turn on. Worse yet, they always seem to get out of sync.

I'm looking for a better solution. I noticed S.R. Smith recently added the poolLUX to their website. Has anyone seen it for sale yet anywhere? I would also consider some sort of automation, since the pump is currently running off an analog timer.
    8,800 gal fiberglass built 2014. 1 HP superflo, sand dollar filter.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: TREO misery

Wow! No replies to you post. I just ordered a PoolLux Premier set yesterday. I'm surprised that I can't find one singe review on how the system works. Maybe I'll have to post the first once I install it and give it a test run!

Quote Originally Posted by funnyfarm299 View Post
    My pool came outfitted with two TREO lights. When the pool first went in, the installers put a transformer in the load center and the only way to control it was through the circuit breaker. After complaining, they replaced this with a WIRTRAN. That worked ok for the rest of the season, but now I find myself having to stand within 5 feet of the antenna for them to turn on. Worse yet, they always seem to get out of sync.

I'm looking for a better solution. I noticed S.R. Smith recently added the poolLUX to their website. Has anyone seen it for sale yet anywhere? I would also consider some sort of automation, since the pump is currently running off an analog timer.

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: TREO misery

There are relatively few pools with these lights installed. Not many pool builders install these lights. So there are not going to be many folks commenting.
    22k gallon IG pebblefina, Jandy 1.5 HP VS, Jandy CV Cartridge filter, Fafco solar panels, Polaris 360 supply side cleaner, waterfall