Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Thalasso Spa Equipment

1. Back To Top    #1

Thalasso Spa Equipment

Does anyone know of a US source for Thalasso Spa style fixtures?

Stuff like this:

I found some on Amazon for about $400 dollars, but I am pretty suspect about the quality and saltwater compatibility. These seem to be popular in Europe and Australia with plenty of distributors, but not so much in the US. I called one company (Fluvo, they are German) and the price quoted was $3995!!!!!

Thanks!
    plat.
    Modern Geometric-ish Social Pool (4'-5'-4') ~13' x 47'. Sun shelf. Perimeter overflow spa. RiverFlow Swimjet. Dog ramp. "Bubble Lounge"
    Link to my patio build, completed 2013
    Link to my pool build, Aug '15 - Sep '16

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Thalasso Spa Equipment

Wow! Pretty!

:::Yippee wondering what all that aeration is doing to the pH in that beautiful pool???:::
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Looks pretty and will certainly go with your design. It looks to be a bolt on fixture. Can you try the $ 400 fixture before spending 10 times that? Plumbing cant be that different.

Philip
    Geometric pool with all Pentair equipment. Raised spa - 18" with Artic Lagoon 1" glass tiles. 3HP VS Pump, 2 skimmers, 6 returns, IC40 Salt system, Easy Touch 8 with LED color light in pool and spa. 1200 sqft of Marble White Pavers decking in Versailles pattern. Tiling and coping almost completed, Indigo Blue Prism Matrix plaster. Pool Build Thread: Houston (Katy) Pool Build - Started April 2016

4. Back To Top    #4

How tall is that? Will kids try to climb on it or hang from it? Looks amazing though!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

5. Back To Top    #5

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Wow! Pretty!

:::Yippee wondering what all that aeration is doing to the pH in that beautiful pool???:::
    Probably nothing compared to what the 6' high x 9' wide waterfall wall is going to do....

Quote Originally Posted by philboyj View Post
    Looks pretty and will certainly go with your design. It looks to be a bolt on fixture. Can you try the $ 400 fixture before spending 10 times that? Plumbing cant be that different.

Philip
    Not spending $4k on this, that is for sure. I don't trust the $400 ones though and would not want to take the chance of assigning space for it only to have to remove it later and have a gap or patch job for where it was.

Quote Originally Posted by Marlahoutex View Post
    How tall is that? Will kids try to climb on it or hang from it? Looks amazing though!
    They run about 3'-ish high. Not concerned about kids. Not an issue for us.

Ideally though, what I was looking for was a wall-mount one to use in place of a sheer descent in the spa. I have seen them online as well, just not as much as these "cobra head" ones. I like the look and am thinking this could provide a torrent of water. I was just surprised more than anything that these only seem to be widely available in Europe... My builder thinks a sheer will do the job, and it probably will, but I just think these fixtures are better suited for the amount of water flow I was hoping to get without turning the stream into a jet. More volume, less velocity. The plan either way (sheer descent or other) is to run this in the spa so you can sit under a high flow of cascading warm water over your head, neck and shoulders. It will be on a dedicated pump and only on as desired.

Thanks!
    plat.
    Modern Geometric-ish Social Pool (4'-5'-4') ~13' x 47'. Sun shelf. Perimeter overflow spa. RiverFlow Swimjet. Dog ramp. "Bubble Lounge"

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

Wow!! That looks amazing!! Plat, your build just keeps amazing me!
    Denise-TFP Guide
    IG 13.6x30 gunite, Radiant Fusion Topaz, 3.6/5.6/4, 14100 gal, 2 skimmer, 4 Hayward LED lights (pool & spa), Hayward Echostar VSP, 2 future fire bowls, raised beam wall w/ scuppers,7x7 raised spa, DE Progrid70, SWG Hayward Goldline, OmniLogic, Hayward 400K BTU heater, stamped colored deck, Dolphin Discovery robotic cleaner, TF100 test kit, Newbie in Bixby Oklahoma

7. Back To Top    #7

But Plat, what about those adults who act like kids?? J/k

That would be an awesome feature!!
    Marla
    No longer living vicariously through other people's pool builds. Pool build is complete on my IG SWCG pool, approx 10,000 gallons. All Jandy equipment - VS 1.5 hp pump, 580 cartridge filter, AquaPure 1400 salt cell, AquaLink PDA system. Dolphin m500. PebbleSheen Blue Surf with shells and beads added. TF-100 w/ SpeedStir. A Houston Pool Build Inside the Loop

8. Back To Top    #8

Hummmmm I can see plat's wife looking at him and saying.........yep that would be him! LOL

plat that is AWESOME. Let us look some and see what we can find. That is worth looking for!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

9. Back To Top    #9

10. Back To Top    #10

I was determined to find a manufacturer, and I only found one: Guangzhou Factory

It pretty much looks like they mostly have their stuff sold on Alibaba....I dunno...this is what I got when I searched for them:

Guangzhou Factory Stainless Steel Swimming Pool - Google Search

I hope that helps. Good luck!
    My renovation completed March 2016; 16 x 32 IG gunite play pool, ~14,000 gallons; Wet Edge Prism Matrix Indigo Blue; Pentair 5G Color LED Light w/controller; Hayward EcoStar SP3400VSP VSP; Hayward SwimClear C5030 cartridge filter; Hayward Swimpure Plus (Aqua Rite) salt chlorinator system with T-15 cell; Maytronics Dolphin Deluxe 4 DX4 robot cleaner.

11. Back To Top    #11

Quote Originally Posted by mooveebuff View Post
    I was determined to find a manufacturer, and I only found one: Guangzhou Factory

It pretty much looks like they mostly have their stuff sold on Alibaba....I dunno...this is what I got when I searched for them:

Guangzhou Factory Stainless Steel Swimming Pool - Google Search

I hope that helps. Good luck!

Thanks for the effort! I had seen all of the Alibaba manufacturers, but that's an iffy road to go down. Was really looking for a US company that would provide warranty support.

plat.

12. Back To Top    #12

Kim, Kim, Kim, Kim!!!!!!!!!

So almost all of these I had seen and all had various issues. The eBay one looks to be the same as Amazon which I am guessing are the same as the Alibaba ones. The issue is warranty support. WFD Asia I had seen, but they are an Asian distributor.

The winner here though may be Aqa!!!! Somehow I have not come across them yet. No idea how because they look to be exactly what I was trying to find! US offices and they have wall-mount units. I will call them tomorrow and try to get pricing and availability info.

Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!! Thank you!!!

plat.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Nursenini View Post
    Wow!! That looks amazing!! Plat, your build just keeps amazing me!
    Thank you!!

That would be an awesome feature!!
    Ha! Actually that would usually be me.....

plat.

13. Back To Top    #13

OH YEAH! In for the WIN! I just hope they work out for you. THAT will be a neat thing to have my name on!

I just start throwing things at the wall to see what will stick. Every once in a while something does!

Please let us know how it goes!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

14. Back To Top    #14

Kim,

I poke to a distributor in Florida today. He's getting me pricing and availability. I'm going to continue this over in my build thread. Thank you again!!

plat.