New Pool

kaya16

Jul 15, 2015
tampa
We recently had new pool built in Tamp FL with a SWG. I brushed but not everyday. We left on vaca and came back and we have some algea or discolartion along the bottom sides. I brush and brush and I am unable to get off. I need to know what I can do to rid this slight discoloration in multiple areas.

Congrats on the new pool! Is your pool builder still guiding you on how to take care of the new curing plaster?

Have you tested your water to see if all your chemistry is in line? We need a full set of test results: FC, CC, pH, TA, CH and CYA to help you.

You will probably need to SLAM your pool if it is algae, to kill all the algae and clear it up. Can you post a picture?

You can find full directions in Pool School along with The ABCs of Pool Chemistry and much more you'll find helpful <link above on right>

First a picture would be helpful.

How are you maintaining the chemicals in your pool? You, a pool service, the PB?

Do you know the chemical balance of your pool? Chlorine ph etc?

If the pool is less than a year old i would call the PB first.

We can help we just need information.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.