Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: PoolCleaner's node

1. Back To Top    #1

PoolCleaner's node

Hello
    I had another 2-wheel suction drive PoolCleaner of HAYWARD in my pool, should the node (marked with a RED arrow) be floating on the surface? Or is it OK for it to sink into the water (on the bottom of the pool)? I wish the node (it is quite heavy when full of water inside) wouldn't do anything bad to my vinyl, but it is made of plastic anyway.

Thank you!

Kevin
    10,200Gals, 10X34, 3'-4'4'' deep, rectangle in-ground vinyl pool; Solar cover;
    3/4HP Advantage pump; CC150 Pentair cartridge filter;
    NC22 SmartPool Smart-Kleen robot; and a 2-wheel PoolCleaner of HAYWARD
    Tailor K2006 test toolkit;

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: PoolCleaner's node

That was not originally part of the cleaner. I think it is an added leaf canister, no issue being under water though.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

TFP Guide

It looks like you have it connected to the end of the second hose, it helps if its connected to the end of the first hose.. I bought a cyclone and it floats at the top...
    Pool: Intex 16x32 15000 gal, 2 speed 340042, Pentair CC320 Filter, CircuPool SJ45 Salt System, Intermatic PE653RC; Hot Tub: 650 Gal SWG Megachlor
    links: pool school * Recommended-Levels * SLAM * CYA chart * Test kits * How To Post Pictures * Poolmath * OCLT ** Support your website if we helped you :) **

4. Back To Top    #4

Post a better picture of the canister
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

TFP Guide

Sometimes connecting to end of second hose helps keep the hose from tangling in the leaf catcher. At least this is the case with my daughter's leaf canister and The Pool Cleaner setup. I think it's a matter of how it works in your pool.

If you want the leaf catcher to float and it has a handle on it - you can cut a piece off a pool noodle the length of the handle, slice it lengthwise half way through and place it on the handle. This works best if the pool noodle already has a round hole lengthwise through it. And it helps keep the hose from tangling in the canister too. Cheap, easy, quick - and it works great.
    Gene
    ​12,300 gal IG play pool - Pebbletec - built 10/1999 || Hayward S360SX 36" sand filter || Hayward Ecostar SP3400 VSP || A&A In-Floor cleaning system || Quik Water Leveler || Quik Dek-clor (limited use)
    TF-100 testkit / Speedstir - A good test kit is not an expense, it's an investment

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you guys, I will try and see.
    10,200Gals, 10X34, 3'-4'4'' deep, rectangle in-ground vinyl pool; Solar cover;
    3/4HP Advantage pump; CC150 Pentair cartridge filter;
    NC22 SmartPool Smart-Kleen robot; and a 2-wheel PoolCleaner of HAYWARD
    Tailor K2006 test toolkit;