Recessed Diving board or Diving Rock? Please help!

Love the pool design - not sure how deep it is in front of your waterfall - but it would be VERY cool to add an area to climb up on and jump off of the waterfall!

I hear, DING, DING, DING, $$$$ :) :) In all seriousness, I've started second guessing if we wanted a grotto instead. Then I would have that high area. But, I think we will keep it where it's at. Currently 3' tall.... We really didn't want to have that overpowering boulder feel, but more like a lagoon/creek with some rocks.

I do think this jumping rocks on the already raised deck will be plenty high. Great idea to those on it getting wet, to put a coating on it etc.

Oh and great recommendation to go with PB when he selects the jumping rocks to be sure we get exactly what we are wanting....

We started working on the design back in August 2015. Starting to build the pool later this week now that the house is almost complete! Super excited! 1st time pool owner. Glad I stumbled across this site, looks like TONS of information.

Love the pool design - not sure how deep it is in front of your waterfall - but it would be VERY cool to add an area to climb up on and jump off of the waterfall!

We built our pool last summer - I stressed over EVERY single detail. You are going to LOVE it no matter what you choose. Seriously, it all seems very important and stressful now - but next year at this time you are going to be counting down the days till it is warm enough to get in and you won't even think "I wish I woulda"

Its going to be gorgeous no matter what!

Wendy,

I totally agree it won't even matter when it's all said and done. I feel we got the big pieces rights on the things we really wanted. We lay the pool out tomorrow and with nice weather in the forecast they said they could be digging by Friday!

I plan to document our build. Thx in advance for all the opinions. I'm ready to take the leap! As one member said, "Cannnon Ballllllllllllllllllllll"

We built our pool last summer - I stressed over EVERY single detail. You are going to LOVE it no matter what you choose. Seriously, it all seems very important and stressful now - but next year at this time you are going to be counting down the days till it is warm enough to get in and you won't even think "I wish I woulda"

Its going to be gorgeous no matter what!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Keep in mind this was a retrofit on a 38 year old pool but I'm much happier with how it looks and how it works. The little ones had a heck of a time climbing up onto the diving board prior to me building up these steps/adding the spillway's. I left myself an access opening in the back to make adjustments as the boards do need them over time.

Very cool, and good looking! Thx for sharing.

Keep in mind this was a retrofit on a 38 year old pool but I'm much happier with how it looks and how it works. The little ones had a heck of a time climbing up onto the diving board prior to me building up these steps/adding the spillway's. I left myself an access opening in the back to make adjustments as the boards do need them over time.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.