Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Inlet size make a difference

1. Back To Top    #1

Inlet size make a difference

On my return's back into pool.I had 1 return.Well,since I have 2 sharing the 1.5 pipe.Should I put a 3/8 inlet hole on the farthest one.I have a 3/4 on the nearest one to the pump now.I don't have one on the farthest one yet.Would it make much difference on pressure coming out of farthest one.Just wondering

Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Inlet size make a difference

Do you mean you have 1 return pipe that supplies 2 jets? I have 1 1.5 pipe that supplies 4 jets.

I think you would want to put a smaller nozzle on the near jet to force more water to the far one.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

Yes,I asked installer about installing a cut off valve's inline so I could control flow to inlets.He said would not make difference.I like having the option of controlling flow to each return jet.What do you think.

Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

Not likely worth the effort for likely minimal gains. Just point your eyeballs to adjust water flow
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!