Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Patio Furniture Recommendations?

1. Back To Top    #1

Patio Furniture Recommendations?

Hello, just finished my new backyard pool and patio area. I am now obsessing over which type/style/brand of patio furniture to buy. I am going to need a dining set, 4 chaise lounges, 4 counter height stools, and eventually a seating area. I would like to find cast aluminum furniture where I can get all the pieces from the same collection so it all matches.

Is cast aluminum a good choice? I want something that will not rust and last a long time. Also, I don't want to break the bank. I went in to Palm Casual and I could have dropped 10K in a heartbeat. Home Depot has more reasonably priced sets but I don't know if they will last...

Anyone have any suggestions?

Thanks, gatorboy
    -15' x 30' Gunite, ~12,500 gallons, Stonescapes mini-pebble finish
    -Pentair Intelliflow pump, Pentair cartridge filter, Purochlor chlorine generator
    -TF100 test kit with speed stir

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Patio Furniture Recommendations?

We usually have good luck at Target. Some years are better than others. We have 8 sling chaises from Target purchased in spring 2013 that are holding up great, we move them under cover in winter. They were only 60 or 70 bucks each. We also have found nice stuff for cheap at the grocery store and some of that is more than 10 years old. This year Home Depot has nicer stuff than Lowes. It varies each year for some reason. We bought some new wicker stuff at HD this year. The main key is to sit on it to see if it is comfortable. It is amazing to me how uncomfortable a lot of that stuff is. I agree, stay out of the patio furniture stores that stuff is way expensive $$$$$!!
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

If you want to invest in some GOOD stuff (or do as I do and buy a few new pieces each year) I'd suggest the TREX line-

Trex® Outdoor Furniture™ | Stylish, Comfortable, Durable Outdoor Furnishings

I have the loungers, the Adirondack chairs, conversation table and side table. Not cheap but extremely durable and classic styles. This year I'm looking to get another dining table set from them.

Lowes also carries *some* but not a lot. If I buy online it often is cheaper, but Lowes gives us a 10% military discount so I always try to check there.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

4. Back To Top    #4

We bought ours at Chair King. Good furniture but a little more pricey. We wanted something that would last for a while.

21,000 gallons, Salt, IG Gunite, Plaster Finish, Free From, Pentair FNS DE cartridge filter, Pentair Intelliflo-VS pump, Intellichlor IC-40, 2 port fountains, bubbler in tanning deck, Dolphin M400, TF-100, K-1766, Speed Stir

5. Back To Top    #5

Look at Berlin Gardens products. Recycled plastic that looks like wood. Hose it off once a year and good to go. Not cheap, but we've had ours 5 years and it's like new.
    TFP Moderator
    20K Gallon 20X36 Vinyl Inground
    Hayward S244T Sand Filter with 1HP Whisperflo Pump. Liquidator C-201 and Solar Heat

6. Back To Top    #6

Thank you GatorBoy!- this thread motivated me to order this years piece(s)- I just ordered the Trex Monterrey table and four chair set. Free shipping, no tax, and it was much cheaper than going thru Lowes. Can't beat that! I'll get the cushions locally for a wider selection.

Trex is also made from recycled <something>.

Monterey Bay 5-Piece Dining Set
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

7. Back To Top    #7

We bought all Hanamint last fall. It looks to be sturdy but it was pricey.

Built Aug 2015- 20x40 26000 Gallon free form gunite, White plaster w/ 50% blue quartz, 2hp Jandy Stealth, Polaris 280, 2 skimmers,2 floor drains, 5 returns, bubbler, Grotto waterfall. 2 24" sheer decents, Jandy 48 DE filter, Jandy Aquapure PLC1400 SWG, 2 Color changing led