Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is it time for a new cell?

1. Back To Top    #1

Is it time for a new cell?

I have a goldline/aqua rite unit. Going on 2 years this month. I am not getting any trouble codes, but I noticed when generating on one polarity... Volts 28.2, current 1.59, salt 1700. On the other polarity: volts 26.5, current 3.88, salt 2900. I pulled the cell off and did an acid clean ( first time and there was some buildup). But after the clean, same thing. Has anyone else had this issue?
    11,000 gallon gunite kidney pool. Krystal Krete blue pepper interior finish. Pentair Superflo VS pump, Pentair Clean and clear RP 100 filter. Goldline blue essence with T-15 SWG. Savi sol LED. 4 deckjets

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Is it time for a new cell?

Maybe a defective cell?
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004

3. Back To Top    #3

That's unusual for a two year old cell.

Can you post all diagnostics?

What cell do you have?

Maybe the cell type got changed? (Edit) If the cell type got changed in the settings, the instant salt reading would change but the amps should not change. Seems like a bad cell. Maybe it's still under warranty. What are the first four of the box and cell serial numbers? The box should start with 3A13 or 3A14. The cell should start with 3E13 or 3E14. (End edit)

4. Back To Top    #4

Cell:2E13100
    Box: 2A13100
    Pole 1:
    72p
    AL-1
    R1.58
    T-5

Pole 2:
    72p
    AL-1
    R1.58
    T-5
    11,000 gallon gunite kidney pool. Krystal Krete blue pepper interior finish. Pentair Superflo VS pump, Pentair Clean and clear RP 100 filter. Goldline blue essence with T-15 SWG. Savi sol LED. 4 deckjets

5. Back To Top    #5

Looks like the cell is bad. The T-5 is a smaller cell (by plate area) and it won't last as long as a bigger cell, like a t-15. You have a two year warranty on the box and cell. If it was installed within two years, you can make a warranty claim.

If it's out of warranty, you would do better to go to a t-15 cell.

6. Back To Top    #6

Ok thank you. I will see attempt to place a warranty claim.