Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New pool build, Blackwood, NJ

1. Back To Top    #1

New pool build, Blackwood, NJ

Signed contracts on Thursday for a 18x35 IG free form "Mountain Pond" vinyl with sundeck and xtreme slide. Met with the layout guy today to finalize some details, still need to choose a liner. Hope to be breaking ground early April. I will be posting pics throughout the process.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    18'x35' 11k IG Vinyl 3.5'-5.5' with 9' sun deck and xtreme slide
    Pentair DE FNS-36, Pentair Superflow 1.5 hp, Simple Blue SWG 25000,
    Pentair Intellibrite 5G LED, Aquabot JR Z1, TF-100, K-1766

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: New pool build, Blackwood, NJ

Looks good! What a nice big yard you have to work with.

Addendum- I was looking up your SWG because any time I see "blue" mentioned in pool chemicals or equipment, I wonder if they have copper or silver in it also?? On the SimpleBlue webpage it doesn't appear so, but it certainly is misleading as it never mentions that the salt will produce chlorine. It touts that the system sanitizes "naturally".
    Please ask your pool builder to confirm if it does or does not contain copper or silver? We discourage the adding of metals to pool water for many reasons.

If you go with the SimpleBlue SWG, I would also suggest going with the 40k gallon version. We recommend getting SWG at least 2x the size of the pool so the cell isn't challenged to make enough FC, and you can run it less. Cells have a limited lifespan on them and this helps extend it.
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

I love the design! I want to be first on the slide! PLEASE?????????? LOL

We would like to see the real yard it is going in. That will give us an idea of what you are working with.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

5. Back To Top    #5

Looking at the brochure, it says it uses a conversion cell to convert salt to chlorine. The conversion plates feature a 10,000 hour commercial grade ruthenium coating., I will double check with the salesperson though. They tried to steer me toward a smart care water purification system. I opted for the 1/2 price salt system.
    Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Looks good! What a nice big yard you have to work with.

Addendum- I was looking up your SWG because any time I see "blue" mentioned in pool chemicals or equipment, I wonder if they have copper or silver in it also?? On the SimpleBlue webpage it doesn't appear so, but it certainly is misleading as it never mentions that the salt will produce chlorine. It touts that the system sanitizes "naturally".
    Please ask your pool builder to confirm if it does or does not contain copper or silver? We discourage the adding of metals to pool water for many reasons.

If you go with the SimpleBlue SWG, I would also suggest going with the 40k gallon version. We recommend getting SWG at least 2x the size of the pool so the cell isn't challenged to make enough FC, and you can run it less. Cells have a limited lifespan on them and this helps extend it.

6. Back To Top    #6

That yard is MADE for a pool! The kids will love it and you will love how fast they fall asleep after a day of swimming!

Will you have a fence around the pool so the kids can still play in the yard?

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

7. Back To Top    #7

We don'
    t plan on putting a fence around the pool, just some alarms on the doors and a water alarm.
    Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    That yard is MADE for a pool! The kids will love it and you will love how fast they fall asleep after a day of swimming!

Will you have a fence around the pool so the kids can still play in the yard?

Kim

8. Back To Top    #8

How old are your kids? It worries me in that they will not be able to play in the yard unless an adult is out there with them if there is no fence around the pool. Just something to think about.

Kim

9. Back To Top    #9

I understand and appreciate your concerns, 3 and 5. It's a slight concern of ours too, however, with door alarms, water alarms, strict rules and a constant watchful eye, we are confident we won't have any issues. It's seldom, if at all they are out back without one of us there with them now.
    How old are your kids? It worries me in that they will not be able to play in the yard unless an adult is out there with them if there is no fence around the pool. Just something to think about.

Kim

10. Back To Top    #10

The mommy in me comes out when I know there are kids around. I HAD to say something. It looks like you are well aware and have plans in place.

They are going to LOVE having a pool and you will love how tired and ready for bed they will be after a day of swimming! LOL

Kim

11. Back To Top    #11

Pool is moving right along.

12. Back To Top    #12

They look so small when the lines are painted out and then they dig and it looks so big. It's going to be great.
    Inground, vinyl liner, 16 x 32 (approx. 21k gallons), roman end w/ bench, 2 Jandy LED lights
    Pump: Jandy Flopro, 1.5 hp Heater: Raypak, 266k btu (P-R266-A-EN-C; nat gas) Filter: Jandy C340 (cartridge filter) Robot: Doheny's Dolphin Discovery

13. Back To Top    #13

You are really getting a pool! SWEET! No turning back now!!

Kim

14. Back To Top    #14

l, it took longer than expected, but we have water, and I'm happy with the results so far.

15. Back To Top    #15

Well, you think it took a long time but I think you did VERY well time wise! It looks great!

Have you ordered your test kit yet? The TF-100 is available from Amazon, Pool Supply World and TFTestkits.net

Enjoy the new pool this summer! Cheers!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

16. Back To Top    #16

LOVE it! Have the kids been down the slide yet? I see wet foot prints! BURRRRRRRR LOL

Kim

17. Back To Top    #17

TF-100 ordered. patiently waiting

- - - Updated - - -

They have. Its really not too bad. First day water temp was 76, today 80. Felt refreshing. They are a bit scared of it. My 4 y/o makes me catch her. The 3 y/o went once, hasnt gone again. In time I'm sure....
    LOVE it! Have the kids been down the slide yet? I see wet foot prints! BURRRRRRRR LOL

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

Thanks for posting! It's fun to see the start to finish pictures.
    C.N.
    IG vinyl liner 20x40 Pool, Hayward S-240 Sand Filter and Hayward pump in basement
    Indoor Jacuzzi spa 500 gallons, Spa Marvel
    Rochester, NY

19. Back To Top    #19

Very nice! Love the slide.
    To be built Spring 2016. 750 sq foot gunite free form. Raised spa with spillover and dedicated pump, 16 foot fiberglass slide built into hill with bolder steps, approx 1,000 sq foot stamped concrete deck, Pentair VS+SVRS pump, Sta-Rite 400,000 btu gas heater, Sta-Rite System 3 cartridge filter, Pentair Intellichlor IC60 SWG, Pentair Intellichem, Pentair Easytouch, Rapids 4WD pool cleaner, 2 LED Intellibrite lights.

20. Back To Top    #20

Thanks!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast