Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Opinion on Timers with Pump & SWG

1. Back To Top    #1

Opinion on Timers with Pump & SWG

OK,been running pump timer on SWG timer.Who runs this way.Concerned because SWG stays on all the time.Will this mess the System up like this?Is system still working while there is no water flow?

Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Opinion on Timers with Pump & SWG

I am not sure what "running pump timer on SWG timer" means.

Doesn't the AquaTrol have a built in timer that is designed to turn the pump on and off? I would think that the SWG was designed to not operate when the SWG timer is not on. There may also be a flow switch that is a backup to prevent the SWG from generating when there is no flow.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

3. Back To Top    #3

That's what I was wondering.Is the SWG still working with pump off.I would not think so because of no flow thru the cell.New for me this year.

Leasure bay AG 24ft,52 in high.installed June of 1999. Hayworth S-180 T sand filter/Power-Flo Matrix 1horse 2 speed pump /Aqua Trol SWG/Using TF-100 Test Kit

4. Back To Top    #4

The lack of flow through the flow switch should certainly shut down production. But that is generally supposed to be a backup to the power being cut. I guess I am not sure if there is an internal tie between the built-in SWG timer and the SWG production ... I would assume there is as that would make sense, but I am not certain.

Sounds like you are using it per its design, so should be fine.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

What I have read the timer just controls the pump.Has nothing to do with the SWG itself. Power to the generator shows on when pump is off

6. Back To Top    #6

According to the manual, here, https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...EJRyM9YXPpA9Fw, there is a POWER LED and a GENERATING LED

From the manual,
    Indicator LED's
    POWER When illuminated, the Aqua Trol has input power.
    GENERATING This LED is on steady during normal operation. When flashing, the pool water is too hot or cold to operate.

The main switch should be left in the AUTO position, is that where yours is set?
    From the manual,
    Main Switch
    AUTO: For normal operation, the Main Switch should be left in the AUTO position. In this position the Aqua TrolŪ will produce chlorine according to the "Desired Level %" adjustment setting for the entire filtering/pumping cycle.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

7. Back To Top    #7

Yes,it's in auto.My ? Is when pump is off is the SWG working .Shows power.I have it set s 30% now.I haven't seen the generating light come on with pump off.I figure the no flow of water will sense not to produce chlorine

8. Back To Top    #8

If the generating light is not on then cell is not on.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

9. Back To Top    #9

Thank You