Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Is M500 still the one?

1. Back To Top    #1
    Hickory Creek, TX

Is M500 still the one?

Haven't been on for a while and time to get pressure cleaner supplemented with a good robot to get rid of fine dust, particles, slow pump down and get an improved quality cleaning without waiting for pool guy to vacuum every so often. Some point when we live full time at this house I will go exclusive robot and remove pressure cleaner. But when we come now I would like to throw in good robot for the week.
    Thought I would ask the forum if the Dolphin M500 is still best in class?
    I know this may be subjective but if i am going to spend ~$1500 on a robot I want the best one. Anything newer that I should look at for a robot?
    Thanks in advance.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Free form | 14k gal | 81 pf | 3.5' - 5' - 4' | Dolphin M500 | intelli FLO VS 3 hp | heat pump ultra temp hp 90 | quad 60 DE | ic40 swcg | Aqua blue mini pebble | 5g LED

2. Back To Top    #2
    Columbia, SC

Re: Is M500 still the one?

You are correct that it's subjective, so it depends on what you are long for. I got the top of the line at the time M5 but now find the bells and whistles that made it different from the M4 of Z5 are really not that important. All three use the same cartridge filters so it depends on if you need a remote, programmable remote ect.
    TFP Moderator 39 X 18 23,000(ish) freeform gunite; built 2007ish; Pentair Triton II TR100 600lb Sand filter; 2 HP Pentair pump with 2.2 HP AO Smith single speed motor; 2 skimmers, 1 main drain, 4 returns w/waterfall, Stenner 45MHP2 3GPD running@ 60% - 15 gal Tank; heated by the sun CYA 200+ when I started - 50 now. Dolphin Supreme M5 Pool Cleaner. Hot Springs SX Spa, 285 gallon

3. Back To Top    #3

The Z5 does not have a bottom brush, and if your after dust, it helps to have that feature. I like the Pro Remote and end up using all the features during summer.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

4. Back To Top    #4

San Marcos Texas

Look at the aquabot T4RC too.