Propane Heater Massachusetts

Mar 18, 2016
Woburn MA
Hello All,

I live outside of Boston, MA and am looking to purchase a propane heater for an 18 X 36 foot 27K gallon inground pool. A heat pump is not going to work due to the work and cost involved with running the 50 amp 240 volt electrical hook up out to the equipment. I do not have natural gas in my neighborhood so I'm left with the propane option.

My initial thought was to purchase a Hayward since I have other Hayward equipment. I'm curious if anyone has any suggestions or could share their experiences (reliability) in a similar climate with propane or natural gas heaters. I've read some about Raypak and Pentair brands in the forums. It seems like Raypak has a few supporters on the site. Any other brand suggestions?

Many thanks for your help.

Regards,

Sully

Whether propane or natural, neither gas has any advantage or disadvantage over the other. With propane you might run out of gas if you do not monitor it.

I would highly suggest a Raypak unit over any other. Keep in mind the cost of ownership down the road with regards to repairs. Raypak is currently the only unit I know of on the market that doesn't contain a blower motor. Down the road this blower motor will break and cost you. Also, with the blower motor you have extra noise now being produced when it is running. Raypak's are quiet running.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.