I will buy an Intex pool 9'x18' x52". I will also build a full deck all around it.
I live in Canada and my intention is to winterize it during winter. My deck should help to hold the winter cover.
I want to try to make it trouble free the first time.
1. I will add a skimmer, would you suggest to install it in the middle or more near the corner of the long side or the short side?
2. Would you recommend the installation of a bottom drain ?
3. For the floor, would you recommend a sand bed or a high density insulation foam or both ?
4. I want to heat my pool with maybe a heat pump (if you agree but I'm open to any suggestion. The heat pump is expensive to buy but cheaper to operate). Does the Krystal clear 1200 GPH filter/pump is powerfull enough ?
5. Which salt water system should I buy the 28667EG or the 28669EG
6. I will hard plumb all the equipment. Can I find the fitting in a normal pool or homedepot store or should I buy them
7. Should I replace all the ball valve that comes with the kit while I'm hard plumbing everything ?
Last thing (for now) can someone give me the real dimensions for the bottom liner (is this 9x18 at the bottom of the liner) + the foot print including the u-shaped support and the top ring.
Thanks for any input. I'll post picture when I'm done.
For now a little preview of the deck planning.