Lbs. of Chlorine?

Just so you know... down at the bottom of http://www.troublefreepool.com/calc.html , where it says Effects of Adding Chemicals, 32 oz of Chlorine gas (which is what you're generating) will raise FC in your 30,0000 gallon pool by 8. Coincidently, when you go up and see how much 10% it will take to raise FC by 8, it says 2.4 gallons, exactly what Joel calculated!

Reactions: prasadkm0204
Remember that 2 pounds (8ppm of FC) is assuming you are running the output at 100% 24 hours a day. If you are only running the pump 8 hours at 100%, then you are down to 8/3 = 2.7ppm of FC. And if you have it set at 50% output, then you are down to 1.35ppm of FC added per day.

I don't have an SWG but they shouldn't run it at 100% to save on cell life correct?
It really does not matter. I think what matters is the amount of time it is generating.

Running at 100% for 4 hours a day or running at 25% for 16 hours a day will produce the same amount of FC and should be similar wear and tear.

Some may argue that turning on and off more times could cause more wear ... I have no idea if that is true in this case though.

Of course, since running the pump costs money and nearly everyone generally should only need to circulate the water for a few hours, from a $$$ perspective, running at 100% for the shortest amount of time might be best. Although there could be other reasons to not do this, like running heaters, cleaners, etc.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.