comparison of different in-floor systems

Jan 18, 2016
Tucson, AZ
Hello, I know that there are a lot of folks here that don't like the in floor systems, but I want to do some research on them for my new pool build. Could someone point me to a good resource that compares the different major brands of systems?

Thanks
-J

I've never seen a comparison article so I can't help you there.

There are 3 major brands (from what I've read here): Paramount, A&A and Caretaker (not sure if that is still the brand - it may be under Zodiac now).

One of the big differences in systems will be how the heads operate. The Paramount PV3 and PCC2000 heads are free floating. Some of the others are on a ratchet system so they have X number of fixed positions.

Maybe that will help get you started.

I can't help with that, but I can tell you that A&A gives a lifetime warranty to the original pool owner, and they mean it. I was having issues and didn't think my 10 year old system was cleaning the pool as good as it should. One call to them and they sent out a tech who replaced every head in the pool, the gear and valve pack and helped me setup the run time and speed for my VS pump. I'm still a little bit disappointed with the system performance, but certainly not the service. I think my issues have more to do with the design of the pool than the system itself, since my neighbor's have the same system and it seems to work well in their pools.

Hello, I know that there are a lot of folks here that don't like the in floor systems, but I want to do some research on them for my new pool build. Could someone point me to a good resource that compares the different major brands of systems?

Thanks
-J

Are you building the pool yourself, or are you contracting someone to do it for you? Generally, Pool Builders are locked in to one of the various in-floor manufactures, so you might not have the choice you think. I have the Paramount PCC2000, because that's what my PB installs. I'm quite happy with it (and with the lifetime warranty!) However, I would not have chosen my PB solely for the brand/model of system he installs. These days, the three vendors mentioned all seem to make good products; you probably cannot go wrong with any of them. It's probably a lot more important to pick a high quality & reliable pool builder and get the IFC the he installs, rather than pick a PB based on the cleaning kit he installs.

Several months ago, I did a write-up on my system. You can read it HERE. The only real "downside" of my PCC2000 is it makes the plumbing and pumps a bit complicated, since I need a dedicated pump to run the system to avoid running the IFC loop through my filter. I have no dead spots, and the system just works. I have never cleaned the bottom of my pool since it was put into service.

Good luck!

Good point about the builder. That's the single most important factor. Get someone you trust tearing up your backyard for 2 months or more.

We also have our IFC on a separate pump. That's standard for our PB for the reasons already stated.

Ours doesn't work as well as Jay's. We get a little debris that collects down in one spot in the deep end. But it's only a minor inconvenience to pull out the vacuum hose once a week and slurp that up. Not sure if I want to engage Paramount just yet. Even knowing this beforehand I would buy it again.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.