Hello from Fort Worth, Texas

gellis

Mar 18, 2016
Fort Worth/Texas
Hi Folks,

i am am new here and found this forum because I have always struggled with the chemistry in my pool and the forum seems like a great place for help. I can never get a straight answer from pool stores or from pool companies so I am tackling this myself.

i look forward to a future of a beautifully clear pool thanks to you folks.

Greg Ellis

Greg, you are in the right place. Welcome to TFP! You'll have more replies that you can handle shortly, so I'll keep mine brief:
- Make sure you test your water with either a TF-100 or Taylor K-2006. Either can be ordered from the TF-100 link in my signature below.
- Start with the Pool School page (link also below), and scan those links for the basics. It's very easy.
- Last, please add your pool info to your signature by going to the top of the TFP web page (just under the Pool School button) and select "SETTINGS". On the next page look to the left for a menu bar that says, “MY SETTINGS” and go to "EDIT SIGNATURE" to enter your pool and equipment info there. It will help us later. This link may also help you: Pool School - Read This BEFORE You Post.

We're happy you found us. If you have ANY questions at all, just ask. There are tons of folks here ready to help. Have a great day.

You will never regret making the switch :) Along with what Texas Splash gave you... my recommendation is forget pool store and information learned from there... this is a whole other world that is so much better :)