Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: My patio prettification....

1. Back To Top    #1

My patio prettification....

Not really an "oasis" but for now it's ours lol I decided that this year, I wanted to redo what little area we have and make it more inviting. Ignore the rug on the fence lol This is how it looks today and I will update this thread all weekend as I will be working all weekend on it

This is the area corner that leads to the side yard. We will be closing that gate to give us room and keep the dogs contained in the side area lol

This is literally the only "patio" area we have so it is not that large. The safety fence will come down and is only there to keep our 13yo rescue GSD from falling in.

Another angle of our area lol

I will update as I go and keep it with pictures I am always open to ideas lol I bought a lot of stuff already and will be redoing the patio furniture as well. Keep in mind, I am limited as we rent so I can't do what I want or what I would do if it was mine LOL
    Christina
    ~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method
    POOL SCHOOL, ABC'S of WATER CHEMISTRY, POOL MATH, SUPPORT TFP!!, TEST KIT!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: My patio prettification....

Oh darn, you're renting. My very first thought was how pretty a nice wrought iron gate would look in place of that white door. Something like this:

gate gi0021 page

When I see those cinderblock fences used out west, I often wonder if people ever paint them with murals or something?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Yup... Renting lol My friends and I actually talked about a beach mural in the back fence and since my cousin is an artist labor would be cheap

My landlord is pretty cool and would probably let us do a mural as long as we put it back when moving.

I am limited by area lol but I do love having the concrete privacy fence lol

Christina
    ~14,000gal 14x30 IG vinyl, Hayward DE4820 filter (everything else is too old to read lol), TF100 Test Kit, TFPC method

4. Back To Top    #4

What fun you can have even if you are renting! I LOVE the mural idea!

Keep us posted on your progress!

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

5. Back To Top    #5

Just waiting on the sun to come out... Supposed to be around 11am

Christina

6. Back To Top    #6

So far.. Pics included of course

Deck box, umbrella stand, trashcan etc...

Fence down and weeds pulled

Got this corner all cleaned out and weeds pull, I want to try and put a "door" there to store floats and misc stuff

This is biggest area we have so will be arranging this soon

Christina

7. Back To Top    #7

Hey it is 11am some where! LOL

Kim

- - - Updated - - -

Look at these ideas for float and toy storage ideas. I like the idea of "over the wall" idea with PVC.

Kim
    TFP Moderator 33x52 round AG 25,600 gals Sand Filter 1.5hp Pump - 2 Speed, SLAM, Pool School, Recommended Levels, Recommended Chemicals, Pool Math, Chlorine/CYA Chart, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

Would you be pressure washing the cement decking? When Skippy does ours it is always so amazing looking (even when before I didn't really think it needed any)
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

9. Back To Top    #9

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    Would you be pressure washing the cement decking? When Skippy does ours it is always so amazing looking (even when before I didn't really think it needed any)
    Nope, no pressure washing but we will spray it and probably put some bleach water down and scrub with the push broom...

We are well underway now lol and the sun is finally out!!

Christina

10. Back To Top    #10

In the Industry

What an industrious person you are, clambert! I am excited with every pic and follow along with all your posts. Very nice work!

With Y/S and KK helping you, you have some of the finest spenders on the internet in your corner.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

11. Back To Top    #11

Haha not really industrious just have to work with what I have So this is the result of today's effort

This was super dirty and canvas so I used a laundry bar to clean it up!

I incorporated child labor lol

And finally got somewhat of a set up going!

Christina

12. Back To Top    #12

Wow on the bar's work!!!

hey the kid needs to earn his supper! Nothing like good, hard work for that!

Kim

13. Back To Top    #13

Quote Originally Posted by kimkats View Post
    Wow on the bar's work!!!

hey the kid needs to earn his supper! Nothing like good, hard work for that!

Kim
    Haha that is him earning 2 hours of video games for about 5 hours work

I am THAT mean mom...

Christina

14. Back To Top    #14

Oh and I had to show this.. I found this cute LED light that wraps around the umbrella pole.. Works fantastically!!

Christina

15. Back To Top    #15

wow! Is that battery powered? That's lighting up your whole table very nicely.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by YippeeSkippy View Post
    wow! Is that battery powered? That's lighting up your whole table very nicely.
    I know right!! 4 double A's!!

Christina

17. Back To Top    #17

Quote Originally Posted by clambert1273 View Post
    Haha that is him earning 2 hours of video games for about 5 hours work

I am THAT mean mom...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    We NEED more moms like you!!!! LOVE IT!

Kim

18. Back To Top    #18

Quote Originally Posted by clambert1273 View Post
    I know right!! 4 double A's!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where'd you find it? I've tried solar things around the pool but many seem to peter out pretty quickly so I hate to waste money on more of them.....

19. Back To Top    #19

Patio Umbrella Light, eLander™ 3 Level Dimming 28 LEDs Outdoor Patio Umbrella Po... Patio Umbrella Light, eLander Camping Tent Lamp, Pole Mounted or Hung Anywhere, Battery Operated NO Wiring Need(Silver) - - Amazon.com

Have to say... Works like a charm!!

Christina

20. Back To Top    #20

Well here we are approaching my clean up time in Feb/Mar lol I will say lots have changed around the pool area last year including that horrible spa being filled in which leaves us with way more space! The old pool equipment housing also collapsed (was very old) so we broke that down and got rid of it. The heater was completely fixed AND we had a valve installed that allows me to finally backwash which is really helpful with all the rain right now lol thank goodness my landlord listens to my requests!!!

So I figured I would just do my updates in the same post.. keeping it tidy. Soon, hopefully starting end of Feb/beginning March, I will begin a whole other "beautification" episode for the outdoors. I have lots of plans in my head that I need to complete on paper Will check back soon after the rain lets up and put up some current pics which will not be so pretty

Christina

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast