Spa (minral frog capsule)

Silver ions are useful in a hot tub to prevent algae and provide a secondary source of sanitation. If you are maintaining proper chlorine or bromine levels then it won't provide much help (chlorine and bromine kill times are much faster than silver) and excess silver can potentially cause staining.

From my HTC One via Tapatalk

Good to know - I always wondered how necessary it was. I'm also starting question the necessity of the bromine cartridge as well (other than if gone on vacation for a week). We use the tub daily or every other day typically and hit it with MPS after every use. Br levels don't seem to drop any different with the frog in or out.....

edit - well, I just saw the other thread on the frog - I believe I'm done with it. - Thanks TFP!

Since you use the tub regularly there really isn't much need for bromine tabs unless you will be away for a few days. Just using MPS or bleach after you soak will keep your bromine levels high enough for daily or every other day use.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.