New to Forum & Intro to My Build

No apology necessary, sir...you did mention the trex, but since, as you said, you read through the thread quickly, you might have missed my posts about not having the available clearance to come up 1 1/2". I definitely took everyone's advice about electrolysis and direct contact with the concrete slab very seriously, which is why I was desperately seeking feedback here about alternatives to the trex feet but with a much lower profile, and why I decided to disassemble what I had so far to remedy the situation, one way or another. I did get one good possible alternative from Brad (thanks!), but not much else...Then my HB feet idea kicked in, and unfortunately, I didn't get feedback on that either until after I had already secured everything down on Sunday.

It's okay though...I know everyone's busy, and I certainly wasn't expecting (but I was definitely praying for) immediate responses to my questions. But I did need to make a choice, so I waited as long as possible, at which point I had no choice but to rely on the advice of my friendly local Lowe's and Home Depot employees (God bless 'em!). At least I was able to get most of the surface area of the channels from making direct contact with the concrete, and I'll definitely take some extra precautions to keep those HB feet as dry as possible...cuz at this point, going backwards again is no longer an option for me. Let's see how I do...

cobra46 said:
One thing you have working in your favor is that you live in So Cal which doesn't get a lot of rain to begin with.
Yes, exactly...That's what I am counting on as my saving grace, but there will be some exposure to water, what with the occasional rain and the hosing down that I'll probably do once in a while for clean up. The slope and drains that I had built in to the slab should also work in my favor.

I just realized that Trex also makes some fairly thin (1/2") trim components which may have worked well for this application, but like I said, I think I'll just move forward with what I have, take some extra wateproofing precautions, and hope & pray for the best!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.