Question with removing pool light from niche to look for algae

Jun 9, 2014
Charlotte, NC
So I am dealing with mustard algae again, about to start the SLAM process. Because I've been unsuccessful in removing it in the past I'm wanting to remove the pool light from the niche this time around to make sure it's not hiding in there. Any suggestions on how to do this since it will be a first for me, don't want to get shocked or create any kind of leaks. Thanks in advance.

Turn off the breaker to the pool light.

There should be one screw holding the ring on. Find that screw and use care to NOT drop the screw. Once the screw is out. the ring should come straight out with a slight tug. Then gently pull the light out. The cord should be coiled up behind it. Hopefully there is enough to set the light on the edge of the pool.

Let us know if you have a different light.

Kim

Let us know when you start, and please make a new thread about it so we can help you make sure it gets all done up this time. If you're willing of course. There will be lots of members that would enjoy helping you out.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.